Kindergarden

Nats123

Hi All,

We should be moving to Australia early next year.

My daughter will go to Year 3 and my son is only turning 3 now.

Can anyone shed some light on Kindi and how it works?

Did any of you have issues getting the kids to kindi while working?

Any input would be great!

Thanks

T

On which visa will you be coming over?

If on PR, you will be able to get some financial subs from the government. The percentage of what the government will paying towards kindy will be based on your annual income. It's not much, but it helps.

If your coming on a 457 visa, you will be liable for all the expenses for kindy. this can be as much as $50/day. :o

If you need more info I will glad to try and help. :whome:

Regards

Carelene

Daycare is expensive between $50.00 and $80.00 per day . Kindi is supplied at the school when they are eligable normal aged 4years, then either 2 full days a week (9-3pm ) or 5 half days , depends on the schools.

Hi there,

We will be comiong over on a 457 visa therefore we will not qualify for any grands :)

But I am not too worried about that to be honest. The thing for me is that both my husband and I will be working so how do kids get to kindi?

What I heard is that the daycare and kindi are not linked and there are no facilities for transport.

Hmmm might just be a good business to start !!!

Thanks

T

Thanks Enrica,

I was in Melbourne recently and did visit ABC but only foudn out about kindi after the visit so I could not confirm that kindi is part of their program.

Which daycare do you know offers this?

Thanks for the info.

T

Hi Carelene,

What area of Oz are you in?

We will be moving to Melbourne.

T

Hi

All depends on which state you are going to. In NSW Kindy is like Grade 0 in SA (the year before year 1) Children start Kindy the year they turn 5. We call school before Kindy Preschool. The preschools vary but alot will do 3 - 4 year olds on Thurs, Friday and 4 -5 on Mon, Tues, Wed. If you are working you would probably need long day care which has great hours. There are also other preschool options or you could get an aupair. Don't forget though normal schools like the preschool I mentioned are from 9 - 3 and alot of jobs cater for this and alot of the moms from our school work 9:30 - 2:30, you could also go to 2 different schools.

You will be surprised partners and managers also seem to have very flexible hours which is one of the things I really love about aus, it is very family friendly.

Good Luck

Sounds good!

I must say I have noticed that employers are very accommodating over there.

We plan on moving to MLB and have friends over there.

While I was stressing about everything they just kept on saying that "everything will work out".

:lol: Must be a SA thing - we jsut stress about everything over here.

Can not wait to be in Oz!

T

Edited by Tigress

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Stuur asb. meer inligting in my rigting. My seun is 4j 6 maande en is huidiglik by 'n kleuterskool. Ons sal in Chatswood werk en hopenlik in die Hills area woon, kan jy voorstelle maak? Dit is op 'n 457.

Oppad :ilikeit: