Just starting

Claire

Just wanted to say hi

my husband & I have just started the very long process of applying for our permanent residence.

his trade/skills where approved on 1st Nov, he writes his IELTS tests on the 1st December, then the migration agent will submit all the documents mid Dec and the the LONG wait begins!

we very excited and cant wait, so here is holding thumbs that all goes well and quickly.

Claire

:ilikeit: Good luck sista! :D

Fortune favours the brave!

Do you know where abouts you guys are going to settle down?

all the best!

Welcome Claire & good luck!

Welkom Claire

Sure everything will work out fine 4 yeah :ilikeit:

Good luck.

Ursula.

Hi welcome to the forum. You say your husband is going for his english test, did you go for yours already? They are now making everybody on the application go for the test. Just making sure, I don't want you guys to have a longer wait than needed.

Good luck with everything.

Liza

Hi welcome to the forum. You say your husband is going for his english test, did you go for yours already? They are now making everybody on the application go for the test. Just making sure, I don't want you guys to have a longer wait than needed.

Good luck with everything.

Liza

Really??? we using a migration agent and he said that only Chris had to go for the test? i'm going in as a dependant on his visa?

i get so confused with all this stuff - there seems to be a never ending list of things to do.

I am the primary applicant, and my husband also had to go for the IELTS test as well, since we are South African passport holders.

Edited by Johnsons

Really??? we using a migration agent and he said that only Chris had to go for the test? i'm going in as a dependant on his visa?

i get so confused with all this stuff - there seems to be a never ending list of things to do.

Good on you mate, welcome Claire and Hubby, you will find a wealth of information here.

best of luck, keep reading the forum notes.

Scott :)

Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome!

this is a fantastic site - it helps to hear what others have gone through and are going through and not feel like you all alone in this process.

i dropped off all the documentation for our visa application with our migration agent yesterday, he says that my husband has more than enough points for me not to have write the IELTS test? not sure we'll wait and see in the new year??

Hiya Claire

And welcome to the forum - you're going to find loads of information here not to mention the very helpful forumites. What trade is your hubby in? I wish you all the best of luck.

Marcia