CV Advice - one format for Aust CV's

Carey

Hi,

Attached is a rough guide for CV's, it relates more to engineering industry CVs but could probably be modified. It is not the only format but has been used successfully by past candidates of mine who had the usual (29 page) extremely detailed SA cv.

Hope it helps someone

carey

CV_ADVICE.doc

Thanks, Carey, I'm sure many would find this helpful.

Just a warning to everyone: Make sure you set the dictionary in your document to English:Australia

My MS Word keeps defaulting to English US and I have sent out stuff not realising it as I see no errors. Well US and Australian English differences can make you look pretty stupid.

One thing I dont agree with is putting your date of birth on your CV. From my reading, things like, DOB are discouraged on CVs, as are things like marital status and so on.

Edited by alanb

• 2 months later...

Hi

Here is a sample CV Format I use when mailing CV's to my clients of prospective candidates

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Attached is a rough guide for CV's, it relates more to engineering industry CVs but could probably be modified. It is not the only format but has been used successfully by past candidates of mine who had the usual (29 page) extremely detailed SA cv.

Hope it helps someone

carey

Thank you Carey - I've taken the liberty of downloading the CV advice too and will make good use of it! Thanks again!

Anri

Thanks, Carey, I'm sure many would find this helpful.

Just a warning to everyone: Make sure you set the dictionary in your document to English:Australia

My MS Word keeps defaulting to English US and I have sent out stuff not realising it as I see no errors. Well US and Australian English differences can make you look pretty stupid.

One thing I dont agree with is putting your date of birth on your CV. From my reading, things like, DOB are discouraged on CVs, as are things like marital status and so on.

Thanks alanb, We've taken your advice on board and will remember it when re-doing our CV - Aussie style. We need it to be ready for the Aus Expo in Lonon on 16/3/08. Wish us luck!

Thanks again!