IT Positions

martyn

Martyn: are there a lot of saffers working for Dialog?

Yes there are quite a few, I'd say it's about 50% Aussies, the next biggest group is South Africans. It's a real mix of people I've worked with Chinese people through to Americans and everything in between.

Got my TRN this morning. These guys are certainly with it! :)

If everything else goes like they say it will (and they haven't been wrong yet), we could be out of here in 3-4 months! :ilikeit:

Swayze1985: Do you have a degree or diploma? Not that it really matters, but experience does count a lot for them. Have you tried applying at the link that martyn posted at the very beginning of this thread?

Got my TRN this morning. These guys are certainly with it! :ilikeit:

If everything else goes like they say it will (and they haven't been wrong yet), we could be out of here in 3-4 months! :)

Swayze1985: Do you have a degree or diploma? Not that it really matters, but experience does count a lot for them. Have you tried applying at the link that martyn posted at the very beginning of this thread?

Congrats Wilson. :ilikeit: I'm glad they're on the ball and organized.

We've had some bad news in regards to our application...or should I say our decision to pursue anything. Natalie found out last week that she'd have to redo a substantial part of her degree should we move to Perth. As she's just started her 3rd year (4 years in total) we've decided to rather withdraw our application with Dialog.

I must admit it was a difficult decision and one made with a VERY VERY heavy heart. We've invested so much time and finances into her studies by putting our life and her career on hold for 4 years, and now to potentially extend that 4 year period to 6 years.... :ilikeit:

Admittedly it was our own stupidity for not doing our homework sooner in this regard. However we did find out some positive news today. Apparently she can do an exchange student program in Oz and complete her 4th year there (as a SA student) and she will still be accredited with her BSc Dietetics by UWC in SA. That way she wont have to redo any subjects in Oz and would only have to write a "entrance" exam of sorts (not sure about the details concerning that exam) and do the skills assessment and register with the Dietitians Society of Oz. So at least there's some light at the end of the tunnel (not Eskoms tunnel :ilikeit:) .

The only problem is to try securing work (timing timing timing) for me start the end/beginning of 2008/2009 so that Natalie can start classes beginning 2009. But hey...who's afraid of a challenge :blush:

Edited by Jacques (nataliev's hubby)

Congrats Wilson. :ilikeit: I'm glad they're on the ball and organized.

We've had some bad news in regards to our application...or should I say our decision to pursue anything. Natalie found out last week that she'd have to redo a substantial part of her degree should we move to Perth. As she's just started her 3rd year (4 years in total) we've decided to rather withdraw our application with Dialog.

Argh! That's so sad, I feel for you guys, I really do!

But at least you've discovered that all is not lost, and that there's another way in... even if it means another (!) delay. Something tells me tho that these Dialog guys will be hunting saffers for some time to come, so we're rooting for ya! :ilikeit:

Hang in there buddy, it'll happen! :ilikeit:

Tracey: We should make you some sort of forum "poster girl" for persistence! :ilikeit:

Got my job offer for a .NET dev in Brisbane this morning, just need to fill it out, scan it in and send it back. Will hopefully start in a few of months once the 457 visa is ironed out. So far these folks are totally on the ball, stuff arrives when they say it will, it's so refreshing!

Martyn: are there a lot of saffers working for Dialog? Looks like you've made someone's day for a lot of people simply by starting this post... thanks a lot by the way! :ilikeit:

Jacques: How did your interview go (assuming you heard from them today)?

Wislon, you don't maybe have a contact with the company I can send my CV too? I have 4+ years experience in .NET

Wislon, you don't maybe have a contact with the company I can send my CV too? I have 4+ years experience in .NET

Martin: I'll be honest, I am not sure I can hand out the details directly. The last thing I need right now is a possible future manager po'd at me because his direct email was handed out without his permission.

I made my applications via the website (originally), and they called me, as they did most of the other people who applied, so it's definitely being monitored. Have you tried submitting your CV/application by that original link that martyn provided at the beginning of this thread? Or alternatively calling the primary number of their head office in Brisbane (available from their website at www.dialog.com.au under their 'Contact' link), and ask to speak to their hiring manager with regards to job applications application.

Martin: I'll be honest, I am not sure I can hand out the details directly. The last thing I need right now is a possible future manager po'd at me because his direct email was handed out without his permission.

I made my applications via the website (originally), and they called me, as they did most of the other people who applied, so it's definitely being monitored. Have you tried submitting your CV/application by that original link that martyn provided at the beginning of this thread? Or alternatively calling the primary number of their head office in Brisbane (available from their website at www.dialog.com.au under their 'Contact' link), and ask to speak to their hiring manager with regards to job applications application.

Thanks Wislon will do that!

• 2 weeks later...
I have send my CV too these guys at Dialogue aswell. Hopefully I will be off to Oz soon

Good luck :ilikeit:

We lodged our application on Sunday, spent the last few days submitting all our documentation (had it all piled up coz of our 136 application, it's all been done already, which was really cool).

Now we wait...

• 2 months later...

I Submitted my CV to Dialogue over a month ago, I have not heard from them. I am going to resubmit. Does anyone know if they are still recruiting?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I'm a IBM/Tivoli Netcool developer. Did not see any jobs for that discripsion but applied in any case :ilikeit:

Will let you know if something happens ... Hold thumbs :ilikeit:

Chris

• 3 months later...

Hi Polly

My boyfriend sent his CV to them last month and got a reply saying they weren't recruiting right now...

L

Hi Polly

My boyfriend sent his CV to them last month and got a reply saying they weren't recruiting right now...

L

I got the same reply I will send them My CV again next Month and become a nag

• 1 year later...

Thanks Martyn for giving us info. Can anyone give advise on how their Java interview was, what exactly should one be prepared for.