Feeling disheartened

DesertDaisy

Just a few weeks ago I was brimming with excitement about our plans to go to Oz. Dh had had his 2nd interview with his prospective employer, they'd told him that all he needed was a fitness test (his job involves physical activity, and they need to be sure he could do it) and we were getting all the paperwork together.

Now, two weeks later, we haven't heard from the prospective employer about when/where this fitness test will be, and nor have we been contacted by their immigration guru as promised. And then Home Affairs "loses" my daughter's records.

I just feel like giving up. But then I go and read IOL and the other SA papers online to find out that the neighbourhood I used to live in has now been identified as a "rape hotspot" (I lived 5 mins from Northgate Shopping Centre) and how HOme Affairs is trying to upgrade its computer system so that paperwork does not get lost but their computers keep getting stolen....

Its so frustrating. We know we can't stay in the UAE much longer, the only thing that SA has going for it is my family (his family couldn't give a damn) and now things are looking dismal about Oz.

I still haven't even figured out how the points system works so I have no idea whether we'd be able to get PR without a job, so I'm feeling very unsettled.

Guest Jules

Hi DesertDaisy :)

Sorry to hear that you're feeling down. I think everyone who has gone through the emigration process can sympathise with you and I know that there were many times that we felt like giving up, but hey, tomorrow's another day and maybe some good news is just around the corner, making it all a bit more bearable again.

At least you have the forum to help you every step of the way with great advice and encouragement or even just to listen when you need a vent or be a shoulder to cry on when you need it.

Don't give up hope, it will get better again :ilikeit:

Love

Julie ;)

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi DesertDaisy,

Shame, you poor thing. ;) I am very sorry to hear that you are having one of those days/weeks... Hmmmm, :ilikeit: I know how that feels. It's the whole hurry-up and wait thing ! Unfortunately this is how things go sometimes, we rush around like chipmunks on drugs up and down, all bushy-tailed and enthusiastic, only to sit on our nut collections and wait for the first snow to fall.. I realize this must be very frustrating to you. It might be a good idea to carefully probe into why things are taking so long with the guru, they may be waiting to hear from you. (??) You never know where communication might be going wrong. My best advice - and I know this might sound a bit nuts (no pun intended :D ) is to enjoy the quiet ! Two/Four weeks from now, all hell is gonna break loose again and you are going to be scurrying around not knowing where to begin with all of the last minute details and organizing for your move !

Put your feet up, have a coffee, look around you, take in the peace and quiet, relax and enjoy it. Think of it as the quiet before the storm ! Thinking of you ! Good luck.

Love

Seoul Sister

:)

Guest boeta

HI DAISEY

As long as you are not pushing up daisys . B) there is still all the chance in the world ;) IN my case it took3 years ,i made all the mistakes in the book ,in fact i wrote the book ,,but i didnt give up[my father once

told me water can make a hole through a rock given time] :D

MY reply was dad i dont have 100 years,but know i am :ph34r: and already moaning about aus stuff

You really need to stay proactive,even if that means you have screem,kick and punch :angry:

forget using the sentence MABY I MUST JUST GIVE UP :)

I THINK most of us know what your going trough we have also felt like you are feeling today :ilikeit:

stick close to your hub,and do not make this the main rubbing point in marrage

our wait made a good ,case for divorce :blink: but yet it didnt happen , :)

take the knocks on the chin ,,,, :holy: keep on smilling it keeps you from tears

regards from boeta,tomorrow is another day :blush:

Edited by boeta

Dear DesertDaisy

Don't get despondent - I know it's hard, but things will work out !

Being in the recruitment industry here in Brisbane, I know how frustrating it can be when prospective employers don't come back to you.....

A lot of companies are preparing for their financial year-ends and that could be one of the reasons why you have not heard from them.

All the best - our thoughts are with you

Shandell :ilikeit:

DD

Chin up girl - I know some days are good and some are really really bad, but don't get too despondent. Whilst I don't believe that you should be throwing in the towel with regards to the prospective employer I can help you figure out the points system (been doing the Immi maths for years!) PM me if you'd like some help with that, even if its just so that you have Plan B to fall back on.

Lots n lots of positive vibes coming your way

Cindylou

PS When we first moved to JHB I lived on the small holding where Northgate is now! amazing how much the area's changed....

Thanks for your encouragement. I guess I was just having a bad morning!

Hope we'll hear something soon. Its just frustrating, because our working week is from Saturday to Wednesday (Thurs & Fri are weekends) and there is a 4 hour time difference, so it makes it rather difficult.....

Hang in there DD - you're gonna have dark days and times when you feel as though it's like you'tre trying to swim upstream, but these will pass. Don't be afraid to chase up on the prospective employer - they shoudl be receptive to the fact that this is a major event and that you can't be left in limbo.

PM me if you feel like venting or else rely on your strong support network here - many of us have been through the same thing, remember.

Love,

Ajay (and yes, I'm sending my lucky vibes across the internet to you right now!)

Thanks for your encouragement. I guess I was just having a bad morning!

Hope we'll hear something soon. Its just frustrating, because our working week is from Saturday to Wednesday (Thurs & Fri are weekends) and there is a 4 hour time difference, so it makes it rather difficult.....

Hey there

Don't ever give up, things will be okay. The stress are sent to us to make the good times even better. I know the fustrations of home affairs I am waiting now for a year and a half for my marriage certificate. I am going to try using bunnyhop maybe you should consider that if you don't come right. Also have a look at the immi site and also agents like iscah.com.au I think have a points test, you will figure it all out don't give up it is definately worth the downs and you will be just fine.

No worries

We have now sent three e-mails (one a week for the last 3 weeks) to dh's prospective employers, and we STILL haven't heard anything from them.

So we've started all over again, beginning to circulate his CV again....

So frustrating, as our points are iffy and we will probably only be able to get over there if we have a job offer first....

Hang in there DD, I'm sure things will work out for you guys. Maybe you'll find a better job (!!?) and at least now you have most of the paperwork under control. Keep positive and stay strong.

Cindylou