Christmas pageant Sat 10 Nov

Annette

Hi all

I thought I should just point out (as if you haven't had enough of the TV adverts already! :ilikeit: ) that this coming Saturday, November 10th at 9:30 am the annual Christmas Pageant parade will wind it's way through Adelaide. Several people have asked me what it is and whether it is really worth going, so I thought I'd better explain: The Christmas Pageant in Adelaide is an annual parade of floats, marching bands, local theatre and dance schools and a host of other entertaining characters which lead Father Christmas to his Magic Cave in David Jones Department store each year. It includes 57 floats, over 2000 characters, including 170 clowns and 15 bands. It is the second largest pageant of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere and the largest in Australia and it is expected that close to 400 000 people will line the streets to watch (a not inconsiderable achievement, considering that South Australia's total population is only around 1.5 mil!

Believe me, it's not just for the little ones. When I asked my daughter (16) earlier this week what she was planning for the weekend, she said: "Going to the Christmas Pageant with you ,of course!" See here for some photos of last year's pageant: http://www.cupageant.com.au/166.aspx

You can watch on TV, but the atmosphere is absolutely fantastic there and we make a day of it by going somewhere for breakfast and then getting a nice spot to watch the parade (laden with goodies to keep us going, of course). It's worth getting there very early as there is quite a bit of competition for a good spot. Take a fold up chair or two, plenty of drinks and snacks, and don't forget the suncream. It's going to be hot! :)

I've attached a map. The parade starts on South Terrace, moves up Kin William street and then right into Wakefield, north in Pulteney, west in Currie, north up King William again and then East onto North Terrace where it stops at David Jones.

Hope to see a few of you there! :(

EDIT: OK I can't attach the map. Won't work for me! It's on the website, though

Edited by Annette

Guest Bronwyn

Annette our landlord is gonna hate you! Now we can't clean up the garden on Saturday after all, we will have to go to the Christmas Peagent! :unsure:

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering what all the fuss was about. :ilikeit:

Aaaawwww Annette,

we are gonna miss it this year as we are not there yet, but look forward to it next year :thumbdown::ilikeit:

luvies

Lisabella :ilikeit: