Broccolini

Blossom

Dis aan beveel dat ons meer groen groente eet en ek het nou net broccolini gekoop. Dis soos gewone broccoloi (jig), net jonger met lang stammetjies aan. Ek weet mens moet dit stoom maar wat dan? Wat doen mens om dit op te kikker?

Enige raad asb, enige iemand?

Dankie,

Kannidood.

Hi Kannidood

Ek weet nie of julle Potato Bake in Aus kry nie, ek gebruik dit by enige groente wat my kinders nie wil eet nie, spinasie, blomkool alles. Ek kook eers die groente, gooi die Potoato Bake en kaas oor en bak tot die sous dik is. Baie lekker.

Wilna :thumbdown:

Edited by wilna

You can just serve it as you would brocolli, but it has a nicer taste and the stems aren't as tough. I normally make a sort of dressing with olive oil, a little lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt and pepper and pour it over. It is also nice with olive oil, salt and pepper and some grated parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

Groot dankie julle....118 resepte net vir die boompies (soos my kinders dit genoem het)..wil gedoen word, ne?

Potato bake klink goed maar sal nie werk vir die diet nie, die olie en suurlemoen sap ene moet maar doen. Nou weet julle wat eet ons vanaand..is julle nie al moeg vir kos maak nie? Waar kry mens idees en krag vandaan vir elke aand se kos maak? Hoekom kan ek nie net vir elkeen 'n pak marshmallows gee en se dis nou julle aandete nie? Watter boek se ek moet elke aand kook? Ag, ja....

KD.

Groot dankie julle....118 resepte net vir die boompies (soos my kinders dit genoem het)..wil gedoen word, ne?

Potato bake klink goed maar sal nie werk vir die diet nie, die olie en suurlemoen sap ene moet maar doen. Nou weet julle wat eet ons vanaand..is julle nie al moeg vir kos maak nie? Waar kry mens idees en krag vandaan vir elke aand se kos maak? Hoekom kan ek nie net vir elkeen 'n pak marshmallows gee en se dis nou julle aandete nie? Watter boek se ek moet elke aand kook? Ag, ja....

KD.

LOL - marshmallows for dinner? :thumbdown: My boys wouldn't have a problem with that...

Love your style!

Sorry - the recipes changed from 118 to 103. Typing error.... But I think you can still find something suitable even though there are 15 recipes short. :)

Edited by Polyanna

You know, I don't know if I am in the right 'fora' but I just wanna say...

I'm sitting here giggling today..all you people are so wonderfull, I just love the interaction between us all.

Now, back to food.......

KD.

You know, I think if they could just add all the essential vitamins and minerals to marshmallows it would save us all a LOT of trouble! :thumbdown:

You know, I think if they could just add all the essential vitamins and minerals to marshmallows it would save us all a LOT of trouble! :thumbdown:

Any pharmacists on the forum? Here is a great money making idea!

It would probably keep the dentists busy though... Hmm...not sure now!

I've got the patent rights, right?

Now I can't remember if I'm gonna give them marshmallows with olive oil and lemon juice or pink and white broccolini!

All your fault.

xxx KD!!

Edited by Kannidood

Now I can't remember if I'm gonna give them marshmallows with olive oil and lemon juice or pink and white broccolini!

All your fault.

xxx KD!!

ROTFL!!! Oh man, your poor family. :thumbdown::)

Hi P,

There should be a law against eating little trees! Hated, hated it. Thats what I love about being an adult, I don't have to eat my veggies. Any other suggestions as to what veggies to dish up other than pumpkin, beans, cabbage or carrots.......please? (It must taste like chocolate, though!)

xxx KD.

Ag no, sorry to hear that you hated the little trees... I'm one of those people who loves brocolli. That and brussels sprouts. People generally look at me as if I'm crazy. :D

What I love doing with veggies is to chop up a whole lot of them: mushrooms, capsicum, pumpkin, onion, cherry tomatoes, courgettes, eggplant etc etc and roast them in the oven, with a bit of olive oil sprinkled over, salt and pepper, and a few fresh herbs, garlic if you want. You can also throw in a tin of crushed tomatoes if you want. Roast at about 180 degrees until they are all soft. Yummy!

As for tasting like chocolate, I am out of ideas. <_< You know, in Mexico they make a chocolate sauce which they pour over chicken. I've never tasted it though (too chicken, pardon the pun). Maybe you are in the wrong continent! :P

Hi P,

There should be a law against eating little trees! Hated, hated it. Thats what I love about being an adult, I don't have to eat my veggies. Any other suggestions as to what veggies to dish up other than pumpkin, beans, cabbage or carrots.......please? (It must taste like chocolate, though!)

xxx KD.

Oh dear!

How about having a chocolate fondue - with vegetables...

Could be interesting?

Ek het nog iets terrible ondek V8 veg juice-JIGGG maar met een glas kry jy 3 porsies groente in so druk maar neus toe en gooi dit diep agter in die keel. en sluk. Ek like my groente maar kry nie genoeg vars in nie toe het doktor voorgestel ek drink daai gross sap. dis disgusting-maar dis een manier om all essential vitamins en minerals in te kry.

Love your idea of roasted veggies, I'll do that tonight, great, thanks. Don't you find it boring to make dinner every night? The other day I went in search of something different to dish up. I found this chicken wraps at the local s/market. It is like a folded up parcel with chicken strips marinated in some chillie sauce inside, like a springroll, only bigger. I made that with homemade coleslaw and some sweet chillie dipping sauce. My family loved that.

Then there was a promo inside the store with new pork steaks. That was nice and tender and juicy. With some sauerkraut and applesauce it's a winner. So I do eat my veggies...just in another form...just to fool myself...

But I must end a meal with something sweet, otherwise I feel something is missing. Do you think that is way I'm rolling around in the house? I'll dip anything (even my MOTH) in chocolate!

KD.

Love your idea of roasted veggies, I'll do that tonight, great, thanks.

Aah gee - don't you like my idea of chocolate fondue with veggies? I'm shattered ;);)

And I thought it was a winner...

Hee hee - just joking! :D

Oh man, making dinner every night is such a drag! ;)

When I was first married I used to make such an effort, LOVED cooking and was always trying out new ideas to impress my man. :D Now, 16 years down the track I am so tired of it! It's such an effort to think up something different every night and most of the time I just feel like taking a box of something ready made out of the freezer and shoving it in the oven. :D Then of course you get the kids making it even more difficult. One doesn't like cheese, one just wants meat with no veggies mixed in, if one person loves something another one hates it. Sheesh!

I'm not so bad on the sweet stuff, just sometimes I crave it (like the fudge thing). Have you tried those Nestle Diet desserts KD? Or the weight watchers ones? They're not too bad and at least they won't put on weight.

Hehe, Pollyanna, I like the chocolate fondue idea. Try it out and let us know how it went! ;)

Henriette you are a BRAVE, BRAVE girl with the V8 juice! ;) I haven't plucked up the courage to try one of those ....

Aah gee - don't you like my idea of chocolate fondue with veggies? I'm shattered ;);)

And I thought it was a winner...

Hee hee - just joking! :D

Were do you get those little emoticons that moves? I just luv them! KD

Were do you get those little emoticons that moves? I just luv them! KD

When you post again, look to the left of the screen where all the little emoticons are.

Just underneath and underlined, you will see "Show All"

Click on that link and you will see loads more emoticons.

Some are really cute.

Thank you. I'm gone now, been sitting on my bum since 7:30 this morn. Talk about addiction ( to the forum)!!

Love you people.

KD. ;)

Henriette you are a BRAVE, BRAVE girl with the V8 juice! ;) I haven't plucked up the courage to try one of those ....

My sister-out -law always say "it's painfull to be beautiful"...and V8 veggie juice is painfull so it must be working!

Kanniedood have you tried steaming your broccolini and just serving with a dash of Oyster sauce? Have you had Yum Cha ? When you go for Yum Cha they will often serve the steamed Broccolini with Oyster sauce. Have a look at the http://www.deliciousmagazine.com.au/ they have great quick easy, healthy & tasty dinner idea’s.I find the magazine really helpful when I need to cook dinner and I have run out of ideas. Their menu’s are also very child friendly.

My sister-out -law always say "it's painfull to be beautiful"...and V8 veggie juice is painfull so it must be working!

Are you saying you are beautiful? ;) Photo please ;)

(Jy weet ek speel net, ne?)

-------0----------0---------------0------0------------0

Dankie Sonnetjie, sal so maak. Net een ding...Yum who? KD.

Edited by Kannidood