Cheap accomodation in Adelaide

Bob

I think that $650 a week for short term accomodation in Adelaide thro summer is a bit steep.

I have a little caravan that we used to use as a family that might suit mum, dad and up to four kids at a pinch.

It's now only used by my kids when they go down the beach to surf for the weekend, taking a mate or three, so it sits in my yard unused for most of the year.

Any family from South Africa who's willing to use it can live in it for a week or two . . . free . . . as long as it's not damaged so that it's useless for my kids or anybody else to use later on.

Caravan park fees are between $25 to $30 a day + $5 a day extra per kid.

That is a whole lot cheaper than $650 a week in a chalet . . . . but you'll be living pretty sqeezy for the while. You will be out exploring for most of the time, I should think, so it's only really a place to doss down (sleep) and have brekkie (breakfast) before you take off for the day.

Of course, if a chalet is the minimum, then you have to be prepared to pay for it, but at least you now have options.

Our little Jayco wind up pop-top caravan that did us for many years

DSC06529.jpg

showing the stove and table area for four or more

DSC06531.jpg

Me cleaning the splash back of the stove with the curtains in the background for privacy while you sleep

DSC06538.jpg

Just send me a "P.M." (Private Message) if it can be of use to anybody.

We can get it down to any caravan park within the Adelaide (or Adelaide hills) area

Edited by Bob

Bob - you are a true star and a very valued member of this forum! :lol:

Thank you for going the extra mile to assist SAffers wanting to come to Aus.

Kim

It's not really that much of a big deal, Kim . . . . but thanks anyway.

It's only our old caravan, so if it can be put to good use, then let's use it!

Guest Bronwyn

Wow Bob that's really nice of you! We have 2 x 2 man tents aswell that could be borrowed for the kids...then mum & dad can have the caravan to themselves. :ilikeit: Should be fun at Adelaide Shores Caravan Park (and inexpensive too)! :ilikeit: I know there are playgounds there, and of course the beach.

Bronwyn

Bob, you're great! Thanks for wanting to help, we might just take you up on that offer if we cannot get the meet and greet accomodation, but it might only be in a year or so, once our visa is approved.

Keep well!

Tania

We might just have to keep a raincheck on that when the time comes . . . . . alright??

In summer-time, it's quite alright to sleep in it because it's got mosquito (fly) nets all round and you can open everything up to let the night breeze thro . . . . . great after a hot day!

The little Electrolux fridge will keep the drinks, milk and fresh food cool and the two burner stove will cook food for the whole family at tea-time.

There are cupboards down below to keep bread and vegetables to cook and there's a toaster and electric jug to run off the mains power in the caravan park.

It did us with three kids on our holidays back in the 90s around Victoria and New South Wales.

It's rainproof and windproof . . . . but mainly it's just a cheap way to go! Why fork out mega-bucks when you can get by a whole lot cheaper if you're not too fussy??

What a fantastic, generous offer, Bob!

We can help out with bedding, pots and pans, fold-up chairs, whatever else is needed as well. :)