Qaulity of tap water in Perth

Guest Die Carelsen's

Guest Die Carelsen's

Everyone knows the big debate surrounding the quality of water in RSA. Please could someone advise on the quality in Perth. Currently we are staying on a plot and they make use of borehole water and it's contaminated as we are situated not far from and informal settlement. I'm sick and tired of buying minreral water and having to pour a glass of water every morning to be able to brush my teeth, it's costing us a fortune. When we stayed in the northern suburbs of Joburg it wasn't any better with the municipal water, but at least one could brush your teeth.

Thank's

Hi

We find the water in the taps are great. Much beter than most of SA's towns. You can also buy some mineral water here but not in 5 or 10l like there.

Wendy

Tap water here is fine, no problems whatsoever, but mineral water by the 10 or 15 litre big bottles that go on dispensers are not to expensive either.

H20 or should i say Cheerio

Des

Guest Die Carelsen's

Good to know the water is of good quality. We only have a few weeks left having to brush our teeth with bottle water. We flying out on the 26th of November.

Can't wait. ;)

Best of luck with all your packing, etc. Give me a yell when you arrive if you need anything at all! I find the tap water here absolutely fine, although my hubby did insist on installing a water filter onto our kitchen taps. I honestly did not see the need...

Guest Die Carelsen's

Thank you, our container is leaving Friday and then were squatting untill we leave for Perth, we have booked a self catering let for a week and will need to start to look for something a little bit more permanent ASAP.

In South AFrica we used first mineral water and then bought a unit that purifies the water by boiling and condensation and filtering. I couldn't stomach the taste of tap water in comparison It is now sitting at the top of my kitchen cubhoard. We do buy bottled water in 15 l. (looks like the Drozdy hoff wine containers) but tap water is as drinkable and does not have that funny revolting taste. Welcome to civilisation!