Book recommendation re AUTISM, ADHD, ASTHMA and ALLERGIES

sonnetjie

I picked up the following book Healing the new Childhood Epidemics AUTISM, ADHD, ASTHMA and ALLERGIES by Kenneth Bock at my doc recently I think it is worth a read. Have look at the link http://www.rhinebeckhealth.com/rhc/ or http://www.amazon.com/Healing-New-Childhoo...g/dp/0345494504 The book is a real easy read I think every parent and adult should be aware of what he has to say.

Edited by sonnetjie

I'm a bit off the track here, but I saw the Amazon link and thought to mention the following.

One of my husband's colleagues got an email from Amazon where they told her that they saw somebody fiddled with her account. She must log in and verify her information credit card included. Unfortunately she did. every single page looked just like Amazon, but it was a trap. Immediately afterwards she thought to check her creditcard for just incase. And when she phoned her credit card company, money was already taken off her card. It was an automatic process. As she entered her credit card info, they had a process run in the back ground that billed her card.

So watch out for this kind of Amazon emails. I usually get the emails where they recommend a certain book after I have ordered something from them, so just be careful.

Regards,

Retha

Thanks Sonnetjie

I will certainly have a look at these

Best regards

Des

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add some more recommendations of Autism Specific books - if that is okay. There are a few fantastic autobiographies out there - "Look me in the Eye" and "Born on a Blue Day". There are also insightful novels, like "Daniel isn't talking" and "The boy who loved Windows." Any parent with an Autistic child would benefit greatly from reading "Ten things every child with Autism wish you knew" - easy reading and oh so true. Happy reading! Maggie.

• 4 months later...

Another really good book to read is Changing the Course of Autism A Scientific Approach for parents and physicians by Bryan Jepson, M.D. with Jane Johnson You can buy the book from the following places Thoughtful House or Amazon