Burnside Village and our search for Pronutro...

Tom

Hi all, my wife and 2 year old son are recent arrivals in Adelaide. We live in Eastwood and would like to meet other South Africans! We recently found that the Coles in Burnside shopping centre sells Mrs Balls, Rooibos and Bovril. Also, the butcher directly outside the Coles sells good biltong and droe wors. One thing we haven't had any luck in getting in which we are quite desperate for now (to feed my growing son!) is Pronutro. Would be very grateful if anyone knows where we could get some. Thanks a lot, Tom Samantha and Matthew

Guest Bronwyn

Hi Tom

I just about live in Burnside Village (can usually be found following the Coles employee with the yellow stickers around the shop). No, I'm just joking. :blush: We live not too far from you in Rosslyn Park. I didn't know that butcher stocks biltong! I will ask them.

I phoned Ceylon Spices today to see whether they have any Pronutro, but no, they say they will get some next month :whome: . Their tel no is 8261 4023 and they are at Shop 10, 529 North East Rd. We have been there a couple of times for Ouma rusks, etc.

The shop is easy to miss as it's not well signposted, but they have a little South African flag out front. You can also get Grapetiser, chappies, Niknaks, Jelly Tots, etc. Sounds like a good diet for a toddler...

I was wondering whether you are enjoying Adelaide compared to Sydney? B)

Bronwyn

Hi Bronwyn wow thanks for that! Good to know someone living locally, would be nice to catch up maybe for coffee at the little place by the pond" at Burnside Village! I also did some digging around, this website (below) has details of SA stuff sold by people in the Hills. Unfortunately they don't have Pronutro either tho!

http://www.african.com.au/safb_000.html

Yip it has been a big change from Sydney. My wife is from Adelaide originally, we met in London and spend the last 4 years in Sydney but with a little one and no family support Sydney stopped being as much fun as it had been previously!

Hello TOm and welcome to Adelaide. :boxing: I only know about Ceylon Spices as well, but am not the world's biggest ProNutro fan, so it doesn't bother me that much. We've found some good biltong around the place and boerewors seems to be available at quite a few butchers now, but droewors!!!! I'll have to pay Burnside village a little visit, methinks! Mmmmmmm....

Seeya, you can get Marmite and Bovril at a little place in Glenelg called the Lolly Shop. It stocks all kinds of English foods (as well as Lollies, <_< ). It's on the right of Jetty road as you approach the sea, quite near the end of the road, and more importantly, very near Bracegirdles House of Fine Chocolate! :boxing:

Annette!

don't tell me that you've paid a visit or two to the choccie shop on Jetty Road??

Does Marius know where the house keeping money's going????????? :ilikeit:

Edited by Bob

Guest Bronwyn

By the way, you can get Jelly Tots and Tab on The Parade in Norwood. There is a little sweetshop over from the Coles in the Norwood Mall. They also do fudge, and a lot of American stuff like Reece's Peanut Butter cups. :)

I don't believe it they have Amarula in Adelaide!! - That was one thing I thought I would miss sipping out on the patio. The list on the website is extensive. and Mrs Ball's chutney my wife will do her nut.

Off the subject - hows the whether of late in Adelaide -- Durban is 20degC and raining

Instead of "Amarula", try one of the locally made liqueurs such as "Kilkenny Cream" for half the price.

It's still yummy.

For the people out South near Noarlanga. Coles at the Colonaides and the English shop just outside the Coles sells Mrs Balls Chutney

Edited by Tazz

I hope I can get Savanna's when I get to Adelaide :blush-anim-cl::unsure::whome:

No :ilikeit: sadly not.... . better get used to Strongbow! :)

I will be having a little chat to that guy that imports all the other beers and wine from SA;-)