Introduction and help with a 457 Visa application

Euglat

Hi Everyone!

I only recently joined the Forum, although I must admit that I’ve been browsing through the site for the past month or two. This forum to me is probably the biggest single source of immigration to Australia and I have been promoting it to everyone considering moving over.

I recently received an offer of employment and is currently in the beginning process of the 457 visa application.

Can anyone assist me on whether to lodge the application online or by courier? I have considered sending it by courier to VFS in Jhb. Would this be the correct procedure or do one need to send the application over to Australia?

Your comment would be helpful.

Hi Euglat,

In our case we send it to our employer who did the application for us in Australia. Once we received confirmation of the approval we send our passports to VFS to get the visa inserted by the Australian High Commission.

I would check with the company that made you the offer.

WoO

Hi there

We applied online and it seemed to go alot quicker, you can also follow up on the progress of your app if it is online. This is much nicer. The employer can give you his sponsorship TRN number and you complete the form. Good luck with your choice and decission.

Reagrads

Debbie

Hi Everyone!

I only recently joined the Forum, although I must admit that I’ve been browsing through the site for the past month or two. This forum to me is probably the biggest single source of immigration to Australia and I have been promoting it to everyone considering moving over.

I recently received an offer of employment and is currently in the beginning process of the 457 visa application.

Can anyone assist me on whether to lodge the application online or by courier? I have considered sending it by courier to VFS in Jhb. Would this be the correct procedure or do one need to send the application over to Australia?

Your comment would be helpful.

Hi Euglat

Firstly, congratulations on the offer!

I haven't got to the stage of applying for the 457, but the potential employer that I've been in touch with has indicated that the online application would be much faster, and they would in fact prefer it, since they would rather get you there sooner, rather than later!

Hi there

Because the 457 visa requires the employer to meet certain requirements you might find that the employer will handle everything for you. I would collect all your data, print of all the paper work and then ask the employer if they would like to submit everything together or if you should do it yourself online. Our employer employs Ernst & Young to handle all their applications so we scanned all our documents and emailed them through. We got a tracking number from E&Y and we tracked our visa on line. We had our visa 25 days from the date of job offer and 5 days after medicals were received. Obviously we moved 2 years ago and things could have changed but I would say lodge online and book all the nec. asap.

Good Luck

Guest mrs mupersan

Greetings! Another newbie here. My husband has just been offered a job in Sydney and they want us to do the whole process online.

:ilikeit: PROBLEMS...... Neither of the panel doctors in Cape Town are equipped to do online medicals - they will only courier the docs to Sydney!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!! I will be blow my lid if we lose this visa because the frigging backwards SA doctors can't get their A into G and do online medicals!!!!! Oh, and they won't give me the medicals to scan!!! They will only send via courier.

PLEASE could someone help here. If we have to, we'll fly to KZN or Jhb to have them done. Although the doctors I called in Jhb didn't have a clue as to what I meant by an online application!!!! Am I completely missing something here????

Sorry, not a very nice into into the forum - have been surfing for a few days now & this is my first post. Just very frustrating to be dealing with this "dof" attitude from doctor's & their receptionists so early in the morning!!!

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit: