"100ml bottle for liquids" rule on Quantas

Beatle

I've heard that liquids, aerosols and gels (LAGs) may not be in bottles of more than 100ml and that they must all fit into a clear resealable plastic bag. what i want to know is if this only applies to carry-on baggage, or does it apply to checked baggage as well. in other words, if you have liquids in >100ml bottles can you put this into your checked baggage (the Quantas website isnt too clear on this). are there any other restrictions i should know about - what about electrical appliances e.g. hairdryer?

I've heard that liquids, aerosols and gels (LAGs) may not be in bottles of more than 100ml and that they must all fit into a clear resealable plastic bag. what i want to know is if this only applies to carry-on baggage, or does it apply to checked baggage as well. in other words, if you have liquids in >100ml bottles can you put this into your checked baggage (the Quantas website isnt too clear on this). are there any other restrictions i should know about - what about electrical appliances e.g. hairdryer?

Not QANTAS rules

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/vie...irport_Security

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transport/securit.../LAG/index.aspx

This should only apply to your carry on. Just remember there is also a set size for the plastic bag, its about the size of a sandwich bag

FYI size of plastic bag is 20cm x 20cm

You can carry whatever size liquid containers in your hold luggage (i.e. the checked luggage) - so basically the rule of thumb would be only take what liquids you will absolutely need for the flight in your cabin bag and then put the rest in the bag that goes in the hold.