Children's vaccination schedules

DesertDaisy

My girls (age 6 and 3) are currently up to date with the South African and the UAE immunisation schedule. However, I believe that some vaccinations that are not common in South Africa, are required in Australia. As we currently have free medical care, if there are any "missing" or additional vaccinations, I'd like to get them done here before we leave.

Anyone?

Hi DD,

I took my daughter's immunisation card to our local doctor (because the school required that it was verified by an Aussie doctor!) and she OK'd it all, so I can only assume that she got all the stuff she would have in Aus..... I think the "extra" ones are for babies - something which they've added to the 3, 6 & 9 months immunisations and which can not be given at an older age. Sorry I'm not much help... :sleep1:

Hi

My daughter had just turned 5 and she needed 1 additional immunisation shot called Metacocil (sp?) this was done for free by the nurse at the doctors rooms.

Aside from that the rest was all correct, by the way the injections that we give the kids the year they turn 5, are given the year they turn 4 in Australia.

That was my experience, good luck.

• 1 month later...

we gave our daugher's (12 months at the time) sa card to our gp and there were 2 missing as per sa requirements, menningcoccal or something and another, doc gave them. we're on a pr visa and therefore have medicare and we don't pay anything each time our daugher sees the doc and didn't have to pay for any shots either. i believe this is the case until 16.

also we took our daughter who had a stomach bug and was getting dehydrated to the local public hospital 2 nights back and we were very impressed with the immediate attention and the doctors and nurses and we also did not pay a cent.

i'm thinking of cancelling our private med insurance....

• 1 month later...

This is the immunisation schedule of the Australian Government.

post-4-1154513767.jpg