State Schools.

Guest fishermanswife

Guest fishermanswife

Hey there,

I just wanted to let you know that today I met with my daughters teacher (at a state school) to discuss her progress thus far.

She started midyear in year 2 after having ended in SA in year 1 so she had lots of catching up to do. Her teacher here has given me extra work for her to do weekly, always checked on her progress and written little notes for me. The point I am trying to make, is that she really has made my daughter feel welcome,secure and settled her in nicely. Never have I doubted our decision to send her to a state school since seeing all the extra work the teacher has put in to help her. The education here is of a high standard and I really think that my children will benefit in the future. She has progressed in leaps and bounds and I really attribute that to her teacher's extra care.

Yes private vs state is always an issue for any parent , but the grounding we give our kids at home determines the outcome .

Enough said .... :ilikeit::(

Hi FMW

That is good to know. My son is in a Afrikaans school and he will also be going to a state school.

I see you are from Brisbane, we are also moving to Brisbane. What is the schools name and in

which suburb is the school.

Cheers vir eers

Shila2Oz

Dear Fishermanswife

We thinking of going to Brisbane and enrol my son in goverment school he is now in Private Schooi in Westrand SA.

We pay R1400.

Can you tell me whatis the cost of living in brisbane school and houseing ect...

Thank you so much

Mandy

O yes and how far ahead in time are you guys?

We enrolled our kids in a state school yesterday. It was one the the easiest things we have done here thus far. No tests nothing. We met with the principal, a truly great guy, who showed us around. After about an hour tour he took our application forms and told us he would see the kids Monday morning. I explained my sons condition to him and he basically laughed us off.

He said that we need not worry about that, we came to the right place. That was our main concern. They seem seem to do things very very different here as compared to SA. This school is probably equivalent to a private school back in SA!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rodz

Sounds like you had unexpectedly pleasant experience! We'll be in Townsville in May / June 2008. We have 2 kids & are currently debating the private / public school option. Did you have to weigh up any options? Would there be a waiting list in mid-year. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what is the name of the school you eventually chose. My wife is currently looking at the Belgian Gardens State School & the Townsville Grammar school. Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

Dusty