boerewors fans

bubbly

Has anyone noticed that Woolworths now sell boerewors. I was pleasantly surprised to find boerewors there while browsing through the meat section. The packaging has a label on it with a British Flag and it is called original British sausage, down the side of the label it says Uniquely Australian and at the bottom of the label in big typewriter print it says (BOEREWORS). Well, it looked liked boerewors, I grabbed some to try. When I got home I opened the packaging, mmm it smelt like boerewors. My family enjoyed the boerewors from Woolworths and prefer it to the one we normally buy from the butcher in Jetty Rd, Glenelg.

The same company makes a pork sausage which they also call original British sausage, well, I tried those too, also from Woolworths, they are the best pork bangers I have tasted since arriving here 4 1/2 years ago.

So yes, we finally have some good sausage in the local supermarket.

If you live in Perth PM me and I will tell you where to buy the nicest Wors in Perth.

Cheers

Des

We tried the Woolworths Boerewors as well.

It does taste OK, but we still prefer on first choice the BW of the Gourmet Burcher in Parkholme and our second choice is Brians's in Jetty Rd Glenelg.

If Woolworths would add a bit more coriander to their BW, it may become a winner.

Cheers,

Dax

We tried the Woolworths Boerewors as well.

It does taste OK, but we still prefer on first choice the BW of the Gourmet Burcher in Parkholme and our second choice is Brians's in Jetty Rd Glenelg.

If Woolworths would add a bit more coriander to their BW, it may become a winner.

Cheers,

Dax

Thanks, I think I must pop into this butcher in Parkholme seeing that Parkholme is around the corner from me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bronwyn, I bought some tins of tomato and onion last week for the pap sous - it was from Coles (own brand even I think!). And you thought I made it myself... ;)

Bubbly, which Woolworths did you buy the boerewors from? I looked yesterday in our local ons (Blackwood) but it didn't have any

Edited by Annette

ANybody know where to find decent boerewors in Brisbane?

Pick n Pay Hypermarket in Aspley has wors which is quite good, the best I've found in Brissie so far.

ANybody know where to find decent boerewors in Brisbane?

Hi Duane

Daar is 'n SA slaghuis in Brisbane. Ek kan ongelukkig nie nou dadelik op die naam en adres kom nie. Die slagter is Jan de Beer. Ek sal more vir jou die inligting kry. Moet se oom Jan se produkte is baie baie lekker. Hy maak bv kaasworsies en dit vries ook baie goed.. Sy biltong is fantasies lekker... soos biltong moet smaak.

Groete uit Toowoomba

L'mari

Duane

Ek het dit gekry... dit is in Carindale se shopping centre... Jan de Beer. En hy lewer af in Brisbane ook.

Toets hom gerus kan jou kwaliteit waarborg.

Dink aan my as jy dit probeer ;)

L'mari

• 2 weeks later...