Gladstone - Boyne Island

Babes

Goeiedag,

Kan iemand in Gladstone - Boyne Island omgewing dalk vir my meer inligting gee rondom die omgewing, of dalk so een of twee foto's stuur.

Manlief wag vir sy aanbod, dan moet ons die besluite maak.

Goeiedag,

Kan iemand in Gladstone - Boyne Island omgewing dalk vir my meer inligting gee rondom die omgewing, of dalk so een of twee foto's stuur.

Hi Anita

Hope you don't mind me replying in English.

My brother is in Gladstone. He is a member of the forum. His user name is sebr. Send him a PM I'm sure he'll be happy to help you. I've just skyped with him now so I know he's not online but I will mail him to check his PM's.

He loves it there! So does my sister in law. They have 2 young children and have just bought a lovely house. They will move into at the end of Nov.

The population is around 35 000. They go to a church there that they love and have only been there since the beginning of August and made a few friends already!!

Hope that helps

Natalie

Hi Anita

I'm not sure if you are aware of the fact that Boyne island has the biggest aluminium smelter in Australia and nearby Gladstone is very industrial as well. That might put some people off living there for health or aesthetic reasons. I've never been there, so maybe I'm wrong and its very nice... It's just something to weigh up when making your decision.

Good luck!

Hi Anita - Welcome - Gladstone is separate from Boyne Island/TannumSands. Boyne Tannum is about 20 kms away. Yes - the smelter is there and people do complain from time to time. However wherever you are Gladstone, Boyne, Tannum, you hve sea breezes and land breezes so generally there is a wind to take away whatever is going up. Tannum has a great beach and a fairly relaxed lifestyle. Suggest you try Google Earth to have a look at things from a distance. Otherwise google Tannum or Boyne and see what you find. Both Tannum and Boyne have reasonable sized supermarkets and evrything you need apart from large items like furniture and white goods. Calliope is also about 20 kms away from there and also from Gladstone but is inland rahter than on the sea. It doesnt suffer any of the large industrial 'pollution' so may be another option for living. It has a largish supermarket, local primary school, golf course, swimming pool etc. Prices for homes there are not quite as high as they are in Tannum Boyne and Gladstone.

Good luck with your decisions.

Pat

PS

We live in Gladstone if that helps!

Anita F,

Welcome to the Forum.

We are living in Tannum Sands, and as Pat has mentioned it has a great beach and is still close to Gladstone.

I have sent you a PM with more details!

D :ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Anita

Hope you don't mind me replying in English.

My brother is in Gladstone. He is a member of the forum. His user name is sebr. Send him a PM I'm sure he'll be happy to help you. I've just skyped with him now so I know he's not online but I will mail him to check his PM's.

He loves it there! So does my sister in law. They have 2 young children and have just bought a lovely house. They will move into at the end of Nov.

The population is around 35 000. They go to a church there that they love and have only been there since the beginning of August and made a few friends already!!

Hope that helps

Natalie

Hi Anita

Came accross you on the web site and we are also from PMB and are in Rockhampton which is about 100km North of Gladstone. We went to Gladstone yesterday and we were impressed with it. Our email address is mandtpedersen@bigpond.com Whereabouts do you live in PMB we lived in Roberts Road. Our girls are still there, our eldest arrives on the 27th Nov and the youngest next year Jan / Feb. Please contact us.

Mike & Tracey Pedersen

Hi Anita

Came accross you on the web site and we are also from PMB and are in Rockhampton which is about 100km North of Gladstone. We went to Gladstone yesterday and we were impressed with it. Our email address is mandtpedersen@bigpond.com Whereabouts do you live in PMB we lived in Roberts Road. Our girls are still there, our eldest arrives on the 27th Nov and the youngest next year Jan / Feb. Please contact us.

Mike & Tracey Pedersen

Hi Mike & Tracey

I think there is a confusion somewhere. I am not from PMB. We stayed in Richards Bay for a couple of years, but we are in Middelburg Mpumalanga at the moment.

:ilikeit:

Goeiedag,

:ilikeit:

Goeiedag,

Hallo Anita

My naam is Magda Steyn,ons kom ook van Rbaai af en is nou 5 en half mnde in Australia.Ons is nou n mnd op Boyne waar my man ook by die smelter gaan werk.Die weer is dieselfde as Rbay,die mense baie vriendelik en dit is so rustig hier en nee jy hoef jou nie self toe te sluit en heeltyd oor jou skouer te loer of iemnd nie aankom nie.Hier is ook n winkel waar jy sommige SA produkte kan aankoop,die kos en vleis is nie duurder as in SA nie,moet net nie als wat jy koop probeer terug werk na randwaarde niewant anders gaan jy niks koop nie.Jy kan my e-mail as jy wil by -dsteyn1@gmail.com

Julle sal nie n fout maak om te kom nie,ek was terug SA toe vir my pa se begrafnis en dit was eintlik n vreugde om terug in Australia te wees.Groete aan die ou blou see daar en hoe ver is die boardwalk se renovations al?