Bad areas in Perth?

Guest Lara

• 2 months later...

We were told to avoid the KGB areas (Koondoola, Girraween and Balga). Apparently they have higher crime. I have not been to any of these places so dont know for sure. Nothing here is as bad as SA for crime, here it is mostly robberies of opportunity by drug addicts, not violent crime.

Guest Colleen

Hi Lara,

I agree with Olly. The KGB areas are not so good, but then you are paying $380,000-plus for houses in Balga.A lot of the housing has been refurbished and improved. Queens Park also does not have such a good reputation.

In saying that about these areas, there is nothing herein Perth to compare with the bad areas in South Africa.

Colleen

South Africans In Perth

Hi guys, we've in Perth now - have been here 6 weeks. We've ended up buying in Duncraig - and from what we hear it is a good suburb for schools etc.

Whereabouts are you?

Hi Lara,

I agree with Olly. The KGB areas are not so good, but then you are paying $380,000-plus for houses in Balga.A lot of the housing has been refurbished and improved. Queens Park also does not have such a good reputation.

In saying that about these areas, there is nothing herein Perth to compare with the bad areas in South Africa.

Colleen

South Africans In Perth

Guest Colleen
Hi guys, we've in Perth now - have been here 6 weeks. We've ended up buying in Duncraig - and from what we hear it is a good suburb for schools etc.

Whereabouts are you?

Hi Lara,/

Our accomodation is situated north of the river near Joondalup/Carramar and also near Balcatta. Duncraig is a fine, older area, which is more established. You will be very happy there.

Most of my clients tend to base themselves at our acccomodation on average up to 4 weeks, then from there they find more permanent housing.

The majority of my clients have settled north of the river and south of the river.

Colleen

South Africans In Perth