Teaching positions

MJW

My wife and I have 20 yrs primary teaching experience with the last 10 in New Zealand. We are looking for positions in Queensland- a move to warmth....

hi there

i don't really know about this field but from what i have seen and heard they are in need of teachers in Oz and many have been sponsored to go over, so from a work perspective i'd think you're sorted

There are articles dealing with this topic under Queries, Tips & News

Dax

With 10 years in New Zealand, I take it you are N.Z. citizens which means you can just jump on the next plane to Australia and rock up at a workplace for permanent work without any visa.

In 2000, the State and Territory governments around Australia and the New Zealand government signed a "memorandum of understanding" that all trade and professional qualifications would be honoured no matter which part of Australia or New Zealand it originated.

If you have a New Zealand Teachers Certificate it should be exchanged for a Queensland Teacher's Certificate without any hiccups.

Same with your driving licence, etc.

Happy teaching in the "Sunshine State" for 2008.

With 10 years in New Zealand, I take it you are N.Z. citizens which means you can just jump on the next plane to Australia and rock up at a workplace for permanent work without any visa.

In 2000, the State and Territory governments around Australia and the New Zealand government signed a "memorandum of understanding" that all trade and professional qualifications would be honoured no matter which part of Australia or New Zealand it originated.

If you have a New Zealand Teachers Certificate it should be exchanged for a Queensland Teacher's Certificate without any hiccups.

Same with your driving licence, etc.

Happy teaching in the "Sunshine State" for 2008.

Cheers for that.

Edited by MJW