Schools in City of Swan Area - Perth

Nobre Family

Hi there

We are waiting for our PR Visa and will hopefully be leaving for Perth early in 2008. We will be living in Brigadoon for a few months while we find our feet and I am really concerned about finding the right school for my two boys (ages 9 & 11). Is there anyone out that way who can give me some information on a good primary school in the City of Swan area. We will probably settle in the North/East Suburbs of Perth and I read somewhere that the children have to go to a school in the catchment area. We are going to Perth next week to start looking around. Is it worth making appointments with the schools to explore. Also, I heard (don't know if this is true) that the primary schools there don't have great sports programmes and that children wanting to participate in sports must join private clubs. Is that true?

Thank You

Debbie Nobre

Edited by Nobre Family

Hi there

We are waiting for our PR Visa and will hopefully be leaving for Perth early in 2008. We will be living in Brigadoon for a few months while we find our feet and I am really concerned about finding the right school for my two boys (ages 9 & 11). Is there anyone out that way who can give me some information on a good primary school in the City of Swan area. We will probably settle in the North/East Suburbs of Perth and I read somewhere that the children have to go to a school in the catchment area. We are going to Perth next week to start looking around. Is it worth making appointments with the schools to explore. Also, I heard (don't know if this is true) that the primary schools there don't have great sports programmes and that children wanting to participate in sports must join private clubs. Is that true?

Thank You

Debbie Nobre

Hi There

Are you looking for independent or government schools? I can give you a comprehensive list iof you are interested. Probably not really necessary to make appointments, but just arrive and ask for enrolment info.

Hi There

Are you looking for independent or government schools? I can give you a comprehensive list iof you are interested. Probably not really necessary to make appointments, but just arrive and ask for enrolment info.

Thank You for your reply. Are the independent schools terribly expensive? I suppose that's a stupid question. I suppose I better go for the government schools. I will appreciate a list. Thank You. We are leaving for Perth on Saturday for two weeks - would like to start visiting schools.

Here are some suggestions, but please contact me when you are in Perth and I can talk to you more about this.

Ellenbrook Primary School

Telephone: (08) 9296 9088

Midland Christian School – Independent (and staunchly Christian)

Telephone: (08) 9274 4930

John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School (a great school,. Independent, but medium fee- maybe $4000 per year?)

Telephone: (08) 9247 2242

Ballajura Primary School (state school with a good name)

Telephone: (08) 9249 3766

Illawarra Pre-Primary School

Telephone: (08) 9249 1177

St Andrews (Greek school, but not exclusively so. LOTS of South Africans) Don't have the number, unfortunately.

Carmel School (JEwish school that is more S African than Australian,I think!)

St Stephen's School, Carramar