Babysitters

DesertDaisy

A quick question - is it easy to get hold of reliable, experienced babysitters in Perth? Its one of the biggest problems we had here. No grandparents or aunties nearby available to babysit so that mom & dad can pretend to be grown-ups once in a while and go on a date!

Are their babysitting services/agencies or do you just find them by word of mouth?

A quick question - is it easy to get hold of reliable, experienced babysitters in Perth? Its one of the biggest problems we had here. No grandparents or aunties nearby available to babysit so that mom & dad can pretend to be grown-ups once in a while and go on a date!

Are their babysitting services/agencies or do you just find them by word of mouth?

Hi DesertDaisy,

I am new to the site only joined this week but have been in Perth since 2003. I do not know of any agencies but I assume there must be some out there. I think the best form of babysitters are those you do hear about via friends. I have a 24 year old who helps me out - I would have to ask her how she feels about offering her services. Also just an idea, how about exchanging baysitting services with a couple you know, i.e. you get to watch their kids one night and they get to watch yours the next time. Good luck, Maggie.