Flour Free Chocolate Poppy Seed Cake

sonnetjie

Try baking this poppy seed cake it is delicious

I use a spring form pan that I line with banking paper and spay with "cook and spray" and pre heat my oven on 180C bakes for about 40 minutes. They also make great mini muffins if you bake them in paper cupcakes .Use a cake tester to test that the cake cooked.

In a bowl whisk 6 egg whites together with a pinch of salt continue till you see them make white peaks add half cup of caster sugar (ordinary white sugar that you have grinded to a powder in your barmix) Continue whisking the eggs with your electrical beaters till the egg whites are very stiff. (Place them in the fridge and only remove them when you planning on adding them to the rest of the mixture.) Rinse you electrical beaters and beat the 6 egg yolks ( yellow part of the egg) with half a cup of sugar. I usually add about 3-4 tablespoons of the chocolate topping to the egg yolks.

(Chocolate topping melt together in 100g bitter dairy free dark gluten free chocolate , 7 tbsp gluten free kosher margarine and 2 tablespoons water together. Pour over the cake after you have removed it from the spring form).

Grinded one cup of poppy seeds in your barmix or coffee grinder and add them to the egg yolks ( the yellow part of the egg), about 1/3 cup of raisins and half a cup of walnuts. Remove the egg white from the fridge and fold them into the yellow egg mixture. Bake 40min in a fan fourced oven I usually let it cool off in the spring form.

Edited by sonnetjie

Thanks for that I will definately give that a go. I hope I am as lucky as you and that mine doesn't turn out a disaster.

S