Moving interstate or same state but different city?

Dedrei

11 members have voted

1. 1. Has anyone moved to another city/town after it didn't work in the city you originally arrived in?

• Yes
    • No

This is just a hypothetical question. :) Just want to see if other people have done something like this at all.

Have you moved to another city/town, for what ever reason? Even if it was after only a few months or even a few years after you originally arrived. Maybe you moved to regional australia and moved to the city. If I can remember correctly :) ASP might be moving from Alice Springs to Perth.

Anybody else done this and have been happier in their new city, or not?

Please share some stories.... :ilikeit:

Guest Larry

I moved three times while I lived in and near Melbourne.

Then last year, I moved to Benalla in north-eastern Victoria. Early this year I moved up to Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland.

The Melbourne-Benalla move wasn't too bad. My employer arranged everything for me. And it was in the same state.

But the Benalla-Caloundra move was an entirely different story! - Apart from the distance involved, it was almost as bad as moving country. - New driver's license, new rego for the car (That entailed a new certificate of roadworthiness), new electricity supplier (I had to pay a deposit as I had no record with them).

I am still coming across things that I should have done, but forgot to do (Or didn't know about).

We moved from Auckland in New Zealand to Sydney. Having moved from South Africa to New Zealand, the move to Sydney was a piece of cake in comparison.

Both moves were the best thing we could ever have done!

Well then we must be "experienced". Moved from Jhb to Auckland, from Auckland to Brisbane and then from Brisbane to Melbourne. Now I am "home"!.

yep...We are SO moving to a bigger place...actually less remote...anyone who says Perth is isolated should come and try Alice Springs where the closest town is called Tennant Creek and is 500km from Alice...and then Yulara aka Ayers Rock aka Uluru is 461kms from Alice. Tennant creek has around 5000 people and Yulara even less.....the heat is unbearable..43degrees in December and January...lol so the minute we can go we will.... :ilikeit:

Hi

We are not moving from Brissy at all.....but the only family I have in Australia (who arrived 3 years before us) moved from Melbourne (where they first settled) to Cairns (where they lived for the past 4 years)

The good news is that they have just announced to us that they are moving to the Gold Coast within the next 2 months, Yeah!!!!!!

No influence from us off course!!! :ilikeit:

Anyway I think after those 2 extremes in weather they are going for a happy medium!! and we are happy "more-than-medium"

Now ASP! common guys ....make your other family happy and do the right thing, nudge nudge wink wink know what mean! hehehe.

Cheerio

BUG GAT!

• 1 month later...

Ok so there are a few that have moved interstate or to another area.

Now my question is....

How much did this move cost you more or less? Ballpark figure?

Just wanna get an idea of what such a move will cost if we decide to move to Gold Coast? Are these moves really expensive? Do you suggest driving our two cars down or is it relatively priced to send them with a removal truck?

I would really love to just have an idea from those that have done it and what removal companies they used.

Ta'

Guest Larry

When I moved from Victoria to the Sunshine Coast earlier this year, my employer had a ballpark figure of $5,000, which they were prepared to pay. - That was for the furniture removal alone! I haven't reached that limit yet.

But as to what the full cost was, including driving myself up to Caloundra and accommodation until I found a rental house..... Probably around $4,500.00.

It will probably be cheaper for you. - You don't have to get your car re-registered and change your drivers license.