$1,500 government give away to workers

Bob

I was going to post this in "Money", but realised that not everybody visits there. Eeryone should be aware of this however.

I'm trekking off for a couple of months, to come back in the last weekend in July, so have to bring this to your notice now.

The Australian tax year ends on 30th June.

Any worker, or resident of Australia (permanent) can lodge up to $1,000 of their own savings in a Superannuation fund of their choice (to access it all when they retire or leave Australia).

If you earn less than $28,000 in the financial year (1st July to 30th June), you can put $1,000 in your super and get the full $1,500 co-contribution from the Australian gov't.

It's free.

It's not taxable.

It's yours for keeps!

If you earn over $28,000, you can still get some of it. It begins to taper off at 5% for every dollar over $28,000.

On reaching $58,000 this financial year, you will miss out. However, start up a "spouse account" if your wife is at home, or not earning more than $10,800 this financial year, and save a $1,000 in her name.

She will get the "goodies" instead . . . . . . and she will have to buy you beers when you retire together!!!

. . . or do both, if you can afford it?

Guest Seoul Sister

Hey Bob,

Wow, thanks very much for this interesting piece of advice. :) I am going to tell my hubs about it and will be convincing him to save money in my name. :ilikeit: It's a very clever idea, thanks.

Love

SS

:)

You've got me scratching my head!

I thought you were in South Korea??

The Australian gov't might have had a windfall financially lately, but I dunno if it extends to giving handouts to workers in Korea.

. . . . . blond ones maybe???

Guest Seoul Sister
. . . . . blond ones maybe???

Hey Bob,

I like the way you're thinking !! :ilikeit: Hehehehehehehehe.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant for when we are in Australia. It's handy to know for once we are in Oz. (I should have explained better, sorry about that :) ). But I am very happy to hear about your excellent ideas on tax relief for blondes... Any chance you are going to run for tax office ? (You've got my vote !!! :huh: )

Love

SS

:)

I know my sense of humour leaves a lot to be desired. None of my three kids laugh at my jokes :)

My mate at my retirement "do" at work said that I had a "bad sense of humour" (he also said that in all the years he's worked with me, he hadn't heard me say a negative word about anyone else . . . . meaning, I'm too thick to get all the Office Politics!)

I thought you guys were teaching English or something in Seoul.

Are you working for the Australian gov't or under contract from an Australian company then???

My knowledge of others is pretty often out of date. :)

If I were the Commissioner of Taxation here in Australia, every tax office in Australia would have a barbie and free beers each Friday afternoon for the workers of Australia.

. . . . . not much productivity happening on Friday arvo's within a 10km radius of my office!

. . . . and I hasten to add that my three sisters and mother are all natural blonds . . . (golden, not platinum) :ilikeit:

Edited by Bob

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi Bob,

If I were the Commissioner of Taxation here in Australia, every tax office in Australia would have a barbie and free beers each Friday afternoon for the workers of Australia.

. . . . . not much productivity happening on Friday arvo's within a 10km radius of my office!

. . . . and I hasten to add that my three sisters and mother are all natural blonds . . . (golden, not platinum) :ilikeit:

:) WE HAVE A WINNER, PPL !! You have obviously had a fantastic life, with so many blonde women around. No wonder you are so pleasant and kind with your tax relief, barbie, free beer and flexible working- hour ideas !! I have the feeling the US could use somebody like you right about now, to run office and help get their country, economy, ethics, life-work-balance, etc back on track. :):P

English teachers ? No my dear. :huh: We are here because my husband is on a contract as Technical Director for an IT consultancy firm. He currently provides assistance to clients in China, Korea and Japan. We will be moving to Sydney in a while, where he will be filling an important position and I will be spending the cash that comes with that position, in stores where English is spoken and shoes come in sizes bigger than adult 3 !!!! Whohooooooo. Ka-ching. So tax relief for blondes could mean - more shopping !!

Love

SS

;)

Thanx Bob for this info we'll certainly check it out, I think it'll come in handy for us!

C'BUG