Yay, our container is being delivered!

Polyanna

Hi all,

We finally received that loooooong awaited phone call, to say that our container has cleared customs today (but not before they had an issue with our Christmas tree's pine cones, or should I be saying ex-pine cones - they have since been snipped off :D ).

They will be delivering on Saturday.... cannot wait, as the last time we saw our things was on 13th August!

Hooray! No more sleeping on bad beds for us .....:ilikeit::lol::lol:

Its going to be a great weekend :lol::P

Edited by Polyanna

YAY!!!

I am so glad for you guys!

You will find things you completely forgot you had, it's like an early Christmas.

I must admit I had never been so happy to see all my cooking utensils :ilikeit: our container took 7 months to get here, so we were desperate for our things.

Happy unpacking

Gaille

Hi Polyanna,

Congrats!!!! Be prepared for hard work with the unpacking, but it is worth it. I couldn't wait to unpack all our stuff in one go...too anxious to get all my familiar stuff out. The luxury of you own beds and linen, your own plates and kitchenware, more clothes to wear....need I say more?

I am happy for you....now all you need is your hairdresser, hope you have packed him! :ilikeit:

Enjoy!

Greetings,

Kannidood.

Congrats, it's a great feeling to see all your familiar things again, and makes you feel even more like Australia is now home.

Happy unpacking! :ilikeit:

:ilikeit:

Hooray! No more sleeping on bad beds for us .....:lol::lol::lol:

Its going to be a great weekend :D:P

Fantastic - what a great thought: sleeping on your own bed again! :P

our container took 7 months to get here, so we were desperate for our things.

Why so long, Gaille? We were told 8 weeks!

Cindy

Cindy

:ilikeit: It took 7 months because we shared a container. Luckily we rented a "fully-furnished" unit when we arrived but we didn't have pots/crockery/cutlery etc. I went to K-mart and Target and bought the bare necessities. It made grocery shopping fun as we didn't have a tin opener and I refused to buy one because I had THREE in the container, I mean who needs 4 tin openers (I wonder who needed 3?)

Anyway we survived and it was soooooooooo exciting to be able to cook a proper meal using all my gadgets (garlic crusher, avo slicer, pizza cutter, soup ladle etc.....)

See you soon for that coffee... or a stiff drink :lol:

Gaille

Edited by The Parsons Family

YAY!!!

our container took 7 months to get here, so we were desperate for our things.

Happy unpacking

Gaille

Urghhh! not my idea of fun! :ilikeit:

I mean who needs 4 tin openers (I wonder who needed 3?)

Chuckle - still not sure how you survived without one for 7 months (altho lots of tins have ring pulls these days, is the same true in Aus?)

See you soon for that coffee... or a stiff drink :ilikeit:

Gaille

Think I need a stiff drink right now! The coffee machine goes into the container and I'm not sure how we'll survive without it for two months, couldn't last for 7!

Good luck with your unpacking, Polyanna, hope nothing's broken and your hairdresser survived the trip!

Cindy

Good luck with your unpacking, Polyanna, hope nothing's broken and your hairdresser survived the trip!

Cindy

Think the hairdresser would be shrivelled without water and food for so long though... ;) Perhaps that cuppa coffee may help him out?

I am the pro shopper of pull top tinned food.... we couldn't buy it if it didn't have a pull top.

The first thing we did was change the plug on our coffee machine and made the BEST cappucino!!!

Oh boy do I miss my hairdresser she was FANTASTIC, though I have found a decent one here.... it is just a bit pricey ;)

Polyanna

I hope nothing is broken, but take note of everything as it comes in your door and take photos of anything that is broken :huh:

Also recieved our container on 20th August 2007 we arrived in July not to bad, but they only sent 2 furniture pieces to kalgoorlie or something like that, after 3 weeks received the other 2 pieces, but anyway nice not to sleep on matress only, what an experience wonder how many aussies will stand the test??????

Polyanna

I hope nothing is broken, but take note of everything as it comes in your door and take photos of anything that is broken ;)

Thats good advice thanks. I hope we won't be needing the camera though....

Mine was cleared from quarantine yesterday and customs today as well!

No problems with anything.

I am going to be like a little kid all over again!

Our stuff still has to get to Alice though ;) due here next Friday.

It has taken 7 weeks.

Hey Slingshot,

I used Magna and their partners here, well up to Alice anyway, are Aussie Movers.

Only had the best service from everyone.

Professional packing, paperwork, communications and so far (dare I say it?) no problems!

I had some illegal stuff hidden. Really stupid I suppose, but I had a collection of shells we had got off the ocean floor whilst diving (we needed a Marine permit for that), plus a pile of (small) rocks that I had collected on all my bike travels through Africa.I take it Beagles can't smell shells or rocks! My lawnmower (that I cleaned myself at home) nor the bicycles (that said daughter cleaned!) gave any problems.

Even my one and only carved bird from St. Lucia made it past them.I had nothing fumigated.

I'm expecting the glass in my TV unit to be broken as it was fairly thin; that wouldn't be a train smash.

7 days to go!!!

YAY!!!

I am so glad for you guys!

You will find things you completely forgot you had, it's like an early Christmas.

I must admit I had never been so happy to see all my cooking utensils :ilikeit: our container took 7 months to get here, so we were desperate for our things.

Happy unpacking

Gaille

Hi Gaille,

I almost fell off my chair, ;) I can not believe you had to wait so long for your furniture. We also want to use part container.

Which company did you use?

Martie

Hi Gaille,

I almost fell off my chair, :ilikeit: I can not believe you had to wait so long for your furniture. We also want to use part container.

Which company did you use?

Martie

Heehee

Well there weren't many people coming to Perth at the end of the year, if we had been going to Sydney/Melbourne it would have been a 3 month wait.

We used Allied Pickfords.

Sharing a container means your stuff will not be shipped until the container is FULL, so if you go that way be prepared to wait longer than the 6-8 weeks you would if you had your own container.

Good luck

Gaille

Enjoy unpacking your container it is better than Christmass

Cheers

Des

Polyanna

Hope all your stuff arrived safely on Saturday and that you have had a blast going through the boxes :ilikeit::blink::huh::huh:

Gaille

:P

Polyanna

Hope all your stuff arrived safely on Saturday and that you have had a blast going through the boxes :ilikeit::blink::huh::huh:

Gaille

Hi Gaille

All our things arrived on Saturday. No boxes were missing, but we have had a couple of broken plates. I did as you suggested and took photos of the broken items. We are still going through the boxes :o . Didn't realise we have so much junk... :huh::huh:

Kim

PS The hairdresser wasn't in the container :P