Another Newby

daydreamer123

Hi Everybody

This forum seems excellent with loads of helpful people.

My husband and I have been living in the UK for a couple of years and have now decided to move on again. This time we are looking at Sydney, a strong economy and beaches, who could ask for more???

Anyway, although we do not live in SA anymore we still have close connections to home and it would be good to hear from people in similar situations.

Is there anyone else applying from the UK?

Hi daydreamer

Welcome to the forum!! :ilikeit::ilikeit:

I know there is a person on here applying from the UK. Her screen name is Lisabella. I'm sure there will be others applying from the UK or who have already gone over from the UK. :ilikeit:

Everyone on this forum is really friendly and helpful. I'm sure you'll love it..............

Natalie

Welcome daydreamer!

When are you guys planning on moving down to Sydney?

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Michele

Everyone on here does seem lovely. I'll keep a look out for the other Londonites!

We are hoping to move over about this time next year. I wish it could be sooner, I dont think I can handle another English winter :ilikeit:

Hi Daydreamer

Welcome to the forum, all the help you need, just ask. Strongs with everything, and enjoy the ride. :ilikeit:

Robert & Telanie

Hey daydreamer

Welcome - it is a forum to save your nerves. Good advice, different types, lots of calming people.

We are also heading for Sydney, but from Durban.

Good luck with all.

Hi Daydreamer

Welcome to the forum! We moved over from the UK a year ago, but to Brisbane. Haven't look back since!!

You might also find it useful to have a look on www.britishexpats.com for more relevant info about removal companies, flights etc. Hope I'm allowed to recommend a website on here?! Its not commercial, just the UK equivalent of this.

Good luck!

Clare

Baie welkom op die forum.Hoop jy kry al die hulp wat jy nodig het hier op die forum.

Groete Ursula.

Hi Daydreamer

Welcome to the forum! We moved over from the UK a year ago, but to Brisbane. Haven't look back since!!

You might also find it useful to have a look on www.britishexpats.com for more relevant info about removal companies, flights etc. Hope I'm allowed to recommend a website on here?! Its not commercial, just the UK equivalent of this.

Good luck!

Clare

Thats good to know! We are sure we are making the right choice. Its either Australia or move back to SA, we figure while we are young we might as well give it a go, and we fell in love with Sydney, its just beautiful with such fantastic beaches!

I have been using the British expats a bit for skills assesment advice etc, but now we are coming onto the real application I think we may need advice on things like police checks etc. Its a while off yet, but it helps to start early. We are waiting for the IELTS results at the moment