SYDNEY/BRISBANE COMPARISON

sa2auz

I would like to hear from those that have lived in both Sydney and Brisbane both positive and negatives, salaries, cost of living, friendliness of people, job availability, housing, schooling etc.

Thought it might be interesting for those considering either of the cities or moving from one to another.

Ta

S

Hi S

We also had to decide between the two in the end. Been to both cities and well Sydney won in my eyes hands down.

Although we haven't lived in either I should add, I'll just give you a rundown of our opinions on both.

Brisbane

Water crisis at the moment is a major worry for me

Reminds me of Pretoria a bit

Very brown in comparison to Sydney

The weather, I for one don't like humdity one bit because like 4 seasons in a year

Major plus is the lovely beaches

People are way more laidback

Sydney

Love, love the weather - all four seasons, temp varies during the year and every day

No humidity

Lovely green and lots of trees

Also has some nice beaches

Just on face value I think Sydney is a more beautiful city to me. Maybe I am biased a bit as it reminds me a bit of Cape Town :D

If you work in the city traffic is gonna be a major headache, this is probably true for every city, just seems worse in Sydney for some reason.

And that's it in a nutshell I think

Cheers

Dedrei