AFTER SCHOOL STUDY ASSISTANCE - HECS-HELP

Mara

Hi there,

I just applied for uni and is just waiting for my final admission acceptance at curtin, bentley campus. My quoted price is only 75% of each unit. since i get common wealth deduction, although i still have to pay that amout upfront.

I am seeing the uni again for final details tomorrow and will again make sure of it. but i think that deduction might depend from uni to uni and situation to situation. Seems like i was eligible because of the type of visa we had.

Just my 2 c imput....c",)

Zee

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone through this thread and want to know, as a PR can we apply for student loans from banks in Australia? I've been on the different banks' websites and it seems like the maximum they let you borrow is $18000. The fiance is thinking of doing an MBA as soon as we're there but the fees are $54000 for the course. We were thinking of taking out a student loan, but I can't seem to find any??

• 3 months later...
Hi All

Although my query is visa related, its because we need PR as soon as possible so we can get our son (18 this month) into Uni.

For Skilled Migration subclass 176 - it mentioned on-shore and off-shore application.

Can anyone shed light on what this means (where you are or if you lodge hardcopy or on-line) and how long does each one take (estimate I know).

Thanks

Fran

As far as I know on shore means - you are IN Australia (maybe on a work visa) when you apply for PR 176

Off shore means you are living IN another country like SA when you apply

Application can be either paper or on- line

I applied for PR 176 from SA and it took less than a year

We are basically in the same position - our son is in Yr 12 now and has to study next year, we have to find a job in Aus by Sept - to decide where to apply for uni. Sad thing is i work at a uni here in SA and he can study for free here! haha.

Retha