Bye, Bye All - Have a Good One

Guest mauritz

Guest mauritz

Hi All :unsure: - those who managed to struggle through my 'skribbels.' I'm going to go 'walkabout' now - just want say thanks for the new friends and all the people that told their stories.

Nothing sinister this time :ilikeit: I actually found the forum by accident - someone tried to 'track me down', through the "Lost" part. When I tested Google for my business name and personal name - 'jackpot' - my name was on a Forum I never knew existed. So, I tried to find someone - using the same Forum, but unfortunately I haven't been successful as yet.

While I checked everyday to see if I can find this girl, I started to read some of the posts. From the outside it was sort of heartbreaking to see how many people desperately want to leave and what a nail biting experience the whole process is. I thought I'll write a few of my experiences to lighten the heart a little bit, although I'm not a writer' at all - a dangerous thing ;)

I also made contact with old friends and girlfriends - I was surprised to see how things have changed in SA, not only the country, but the attitudes of people. Even the hardy hardliners, the one I thought will never leave, are getting out now.

I'm very fortunate to be in this country, although sometimes, mostly at night, the 'pull' is still there and I don't think it'll ever go away. The path for settling in is always a challenging one - but an exciting one - one worth walking.

I've been here for 11 years and I've argued all the points - for me there's no going back (Africa is going backwards at an alarming rate) - every cell in my body is geared to go forward. That's exactly what I've been doing the last 11 years and the only thing that really keeps me going.

I wish you all well and hope you find happiness and heaps of new friends here.

I'm not a 'Webman', but I found the experience interesting :ilikeit:

Bronwyn - keep up the good work, best wishes to you and family.

Karooseun - Ag jaaaaa man, nog 'n lekker stuk skaapvleis en 'n karoohuis. Bugger all those Rednecks :D

Regards

Mauritz

Well, what can I say ...... Enjoy your walkabout and let us know when you're back!

SAS

Ai Mauritz!

I for one can say i hope your "walkabout" doesn't last too long! I enjoy reading all your posts. Can't say i agree with that "pull of Africa" though. I've only been out of that country for 6 months and i don't miss anything about it at all. The only thing i miss is my family and friends - that's it! If it weren't for them, i wouldn't even return for a visit! Good luck for the future.

Take Care

Mauritz, thank you for all your stories, and for being so onest in the telling. It is not so easy as we like to remember the good things that have happened to us on the journey, the sad follows automatically Life is a journey, live it well, good luck, Mate. :ilikeit:

Hope you do don't mind but maybe some day come have a coffee and beskuit with us, and we need to talk about that building. Will email you. :ilikeit:

Edited by chester

Nee, nee jy mag nie weg gaan nie.

Ek geniet jou stories geweldig.

Hoop jy geniet die tydjie af en kom terug met baie nuwe leesstof vir ons.

Ek print al jou stories en gaan lees hulle by die huis, dis beter as die goed op die tv.