What if?....

Riekie

What if a young, unmarried couple comes to Australia on PR 136 - the guy being the primary applicant - and after a while the relationship goes sour & they go their separate ways. Can the young woman start her own life in Aus or is she in fact an "illegal emigrant" and will be forced to return? The way I understand it: if you have PR, you have PR, no matter what - but am I correct in assuming that? :thumbdown:

Good question Riekie - or in my case "middle aged woman" (primary applicant) and "middle aged man"

Does anyone have any idea?

C'lou

Maybe to check with DIMIA on your visa condtitions?

Guest Larry

Matt! Dead right! - Unless you commit a very serious crime! :thumbdown:

There is, however, a slight difference in the case of somebody who comes over here on the spousal visa. (I don't know what class it is.) That is the type of visa given to a person who is immigrating to Australia with the intention of marrying an Australian citizen or permanent resident. This visa is given for a two year period. At the end of two years, if the relationship is still on-going, the visa is converted to a full permanent residence visa.

Edited by Larry

Thanks you all! Now I can say, it is actually a real question - not for myself, but for a fellow South African in this situation. I'll bring her the good news!! :ilikeit: Thanks again!

Glad it's not for yourself, I thought to meself your husband appeared to be quite a good guy, but I didnt want to pry... :ilikeit:

Glad it's not for yourself, I thought to meself your husband appeared to be quite a good guy, but I didnt want to pry... :)

Hie-Hie, imagine!...... No, after 20 years we're glued together forever!! :ilikeit: (And yes, hubby is not too bad... :holy: )