Hi everyone

Sharon

Hi Everyone

I'm Sharon and I'm new to the forum. Already I've learnt such a lot from this site - it's amazing that people are so helpful and friendly. My husband is an Architect and they've just been added to the MODL list. Yippee :huh: We will start the long road on Monday. We currently live in Glenwood, Durban and will be looking at moving to Brisbane provided we can find a job there. I have two kids aged 13 and 11. I'm really looking forward to learning more and making new friends on this website!

HI there Sharon

Will be great to meet you at the next Durban gathering. We leave today for our LSD and we are visiting Perth, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Our gutt feel says Gold Coast, and when we eventually meet, I'll have loads of video footage and pics that you can have a look at if you've never been to Oz before.

Good luck with all the preparations and we'll hopefully see you Mary's farewell.

Bye

Lisa

Welcome to the forum.

Good to hear another Durbanite's decision to go Down Under. We are in Durban North.

We started the process last year, sent our main application in during February 2007, and will hopefully get some reply by the end of November. We have two sons 15 years and 17 years.

Look out for the next coffee club date.

Sharon.

Welcome to the forum.

Greetings Ursula

Hi Sharon,

You'll find Brisbane a great place to live, unless it's changed much in the past few years!

An hour's drive south of the city are the beaches of the Gold Coast with a similar drive to the north for the beaches of the Sunshine Coast.

Enjoy!

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the forum. I'm also new and was so surprised at how helpful and supportive everyone here is. I wish I'd discovered it when we were still in the process of coming over. Brisbane is a great choice and I'm sure you'll be happy there.

See you around on the forum. :)

...and Alice Springs is great too! :)

Welcome!

Tracy

I think the entire Aus is great.

Hi Sharon

Send me your hubbies resume as my husband is a QS and has plenty of contacts in the industry - but he will be able to give your resume to some companies on the Gold Coast and Brisbane - and who knows....

(just a tip - redo resume (CV) to not give age or how many kids... keep it to about a two or three page max )

regards

Heather