Dentists

Michelle

Does anybody know of a good dentist in Perth? We live in the Vines but won't mind travelling a bit for a good dentist.

I use Dr Steve Cadee and have for the last 7 years. I think he is great- he is in Mullaloo at the

Mullaloo Plaza - Tel 9387 6055

I would highly recommend

Dr Hilton Kirstein

Malaga Dental Clinic

Midas House

Suite E

8 Exchange rd (Fronting Alexander Drive)

Malaga

Tel 9209 1355

We used him in Johannesburg for many years and when we were living in Kalgoorlie found out he was in Perth we were prepared to travel 650km to see him, he is brilliant. and pretty close to the vines if you travel down gnangara (spellng0 then you turn left into alexander drive and he is some way down on the left there is a nandos almost next door. If you get to the Reid highway you have gone to far.

Good luck

Des

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks again. My dad loved Dr Kirstein and next time I need a dentist I will use him as well!

• 3 years later...

I have tried Dr Hilton Kirsten, based on these above recommendations, but alas he was NOT exactly helpful and I would definitely not recommend him.

In short I broke a filling, went to our local dentist, who seemed more interested in replacing old fillings (that were not causing me ANY discomfort), gave me a spit&polish to see what else was wrong…($s). In the process damaged another tooth, And sent me out to get a 'surround-x-ray', saying he needs to think about a solution, broken filling and an additional broken tooth….

Needless to say I then thought a SA dentist would at least sort it out even if it was a temp fix to sort out my pain and discomfort, so after reading the above, off I went to see him (after waiting 2 weeks to get an appointment). Long-story-short, again checks everything out ($s) he convinces me that the broken tooth needs to be extracted, but informs me that his partner does the extractions, who would only be in next week, or maybe he should refer me to another friend of his ($s). To say the absolute least, I was totally horrified, as I was sent off without any fix, not even a temporary fix to relieve the pain, but he tells me that if it gets worse or if I could not bear the pain that I should call the emergency dental guys in Wellington St to sort it out,…. So much for any help …!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I asked our local guys who would be best, and yesterday went to a 'local' dentist at smile forever in west perth, waited 1 day to see them, popped in yesterday, and 35 minutes later walked out pain free, with both teeth sorted out (filled - no extraction either). :ilikeit:

Smile-Forever dentist

Therefore, in my experience - local is lekker :whome:

Edited by patrice

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried Dr Hilton Kirsten, based on these above recommendation’s, but alas he was NOT exactly helpful and I would definitely not recommend him.

In short I broke a filling, went to our ‘local’ dentist, who seemed more interested in replacing old fillings (that were not causing me ANY discomfort), gave me a ‘spit&polish’ to see what else was wrong…($’s). In the process damaged another tooth, And sent me out to get a 'surround-x-ray', saying he needs to think about a solution, broken filling and an additional broken tooth….

Needless to say I then thought a SA dentist would at least sort it out – even if it was a temp fix to sort out my pain and discomfort, so after reading the above, off I went to see him (after waiting 2 weeks to get an appointment). Long-story-short, again checks everything out ($’s) he convinces me that the broken tooth needs to be extracted, but informs me that his partner does the extractions, who would only be in next week, or maybe he should refer me to another friend of his ($’s). To say the absolute ‘least’, I was totally horrified, as I was sent off without any fix, not even a temporary fix to relieve the pain, but he tells me that if it gets ‘worse’ or if I could not bear the pain – that I should call the ‘emergency’ dental guys in Wellington St to sort it out,…. So much for any help …!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I asked our local guys who would be best, and yesterday went to a 'local' dentist at ‘smile forever’ in west perth, waited 1 day to see them, popped in yesterday, and 35 minutes later walked out pain free, with both teeth sorted out (filled - no extraction either). :ilikeit:

Smile-Forever dentist

Hey,

Glad your teeth/tooth finally got seen to.... If I could recommend for future visits, try Yokine Dental Surgery on Flinders street in Yokine. It's owned by SA family and run with both SA dentists and hygienists. They're always busy and the service one receives is better than most places.

Cheers

Hey,

Glad your teeth/tooth finally got seen to.... If I could recommend for future visits, try Yokine Dental Surgery on Flinders street in Yokine. It's owned by SA family and run with both SA dentists and hygienists. They're always busy and the service one receives is better than most places.

Cheers

After jumping from dentist to dentist my wife finally found peace at Yokine Dental Surgery. Would recommend without doubt!

• 5 weeks later...

:ilikeit:

I have tried Dr Hilton Kirsten, based on these above recommendation’s, but alas he was NOT exactly helpful and I would definitely not recommend him.

In short I broke a filling, went to our ‘local’ dentist, who seemed more interested in replacing old fillings (that were not causing me ANY discomfort), gave me a ‘spit&polish’ to see what else was wrong…($’s). In the process damaged another tooth, And sent me out to get a 'surround-x-ray', saying he needs to think about a solution, broken filling and an additional broken tooth….

Needless to say I then thought a SA dentist would at least sort it out – even if it was a temp fix to sort out my pain and discomfort, so after reading the above, off I went to see him (after waiting 2 weeks to get an appointment). Long-story-short, again checks everything out ($’s) he convinces me that the broken tooth needs to be extracted, but informs me that his partner does the extractions, who would only be in next week, or maybe he should refer me to another friend of his ($’s). To say the absolute ‘least’, I was totally horrified, as I was sent off without any fix, not even a temporary fix to relieve the pain, but he tells me that if it gets ‘worse’ or if I could not bear the pain – that I should call the ‘emergency’ dental guys in Wellington St to sort it out,…. So much for any help …!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I asked our local guys who would be best, and yesterday went to a 'local' dentist at ‘smile forever’ in west perth, waited 1 day to see them, popped in yesterday, and 35 minutes later walked out pain free, with both teeth sorted out (filled - no extraction either). :ilikeit:

Smile-Forever dentist

I work in the dental field. I know quite a few South african dentists in Perth. I can tell you that Dr Kirsten is one of the best :ilikeit: As I have stated I work in the field and I know the good dentists from the bad. I would recommend him any time to any one.