Arrival

Santosh

Hello all, finally got to Perth 2 weeks ago and been busy with work and finding accomodation, banks etc. Are there any RSA shops in WA selling stuff from home. Surprisingly, I've only met 1 south african since I've been here....

Hi Santosh

Where are you living?

You can try SA Essentials in Winton Road Joondalup.

There are a few Coles/IGA that sell some food items from home.

:ilikeit:

Springbok Foods. ( Cape to Cairo)

4/357 Cambridge st

Wembley, 6014

Western Australia

+8 9387 5774 Phone

+8 9285 8775 Fax

springbok2@hotkey.net.au

Gregory’s Butcher

Karinyup Shopping Centre

Perth

Voted the best Boerewors in Perth

South African Essentials

Bunbury.

Shop 5B Bunbury City Plaza, Spencer Street, Bunbury, WA.

Phone 08 97211998 or 0427 258110.

saessenbunbury@connect.net.au

South African Essentials

Bateman (Perth)

Shop 1, 22 Parry Ave,

Bateman (Perth)

WA 6150

Tel: (08) 9332 6969

South African Essentials

Joondalup (Perth)

Shop 10, 200 Winton Rd,

Joondalup (Perth)

WA 6027

Tel/Fax (08) 9301 1977

email: saessentials@aapt.net.au

South-African Food & Booze

Welcome to shopping the easy way -

We deliver anywhere in Australia!

http://www.african.com.au/

Red Meat & Chicken,

a SA butcher in Marri Road,

Duncraig, Perth

is excellent for wors, biltong etc and also runs quite a few lines of tinned and packaged food from SA. Highly recommended and well known around Perth.

ZATOOS

Over 300 SA foods and other products

We deliver anywhere in Australia

phone Angela 07 3888 4044

I googled this for all of you and hope that you can use this in future.

Wendy

I think one of the hosts should pin this for the forum

Hi en welkom in Perth.Waar bly jy presies?Ek moet se die SA shop wat die niceste is waar my vrou heen gaan en dit is in die middel van als gelee is die Joondalup een :) As jy oop is oor n naweek is jy welkom om by ons n draai te gooi.Jy is meer as welkom mate :ilikeit: .As jy enige hulp soek met enige iets asb. druk op my knop en sal jou met graagte help.Lekker insettle en sterkte met als.O ja ken n baie nice SA agent as jy haar telnr. soek kan ek dit vir jou pm.Ons werk hoekal nou ook weer met haar.Sy is regtig baie behulpsaam en help waar sy kan.

Groete Albert.

Edited by Allie&Urs

Hello guys, thanks for the info. I've already made enquiries on the places and hope to visit them soon. I'm currently renting in Como but plan to move permanently to Canning Vale or there-abouts as it's closer to work and Perth CBD - about 15km's which is not bad.

I must say that so far, and I hope that I'm not testing luck here, the Australians have been very helpful and supportive (people from work) and it's made some of the settling in a bit easier. The information from the forum has also proved invaluable.

Speak soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello guys, thanks for the info. I've already made enquiries on the places and hope to visit them soon. I'm currently renting in Como but plan to move permanently to Canning Vale or there-abouts as it's closer to work and Perth CBD - about 15km's which is not bad.

I must say that so far, and I hope that I'm not testing luck here, the Australians have been very helpful and supportive (people from work) and it's made some of the settling in a bit easier. The information from the forum has also proved invaluable.

Speak soon.

Hi There

I agree- the Aussies were so helpful to us when we first landed. Please feel free to drop me an email if you need to ask any advice at all. Only too happy to help. Also try Weigh and Pay in Woodvale. And the best Boerewors (I think) is from the British Sausage Company, bought at most IGA stores. Also the Duncraig butcher in Marri Road- excellent biltong, etc

Hi en welkom in Perth.Waar bly jy presies?Ek moet se die SA shop wat die niceste is waar my vrou heen gaan en dit is in die middel van als gelee is die Joondalup een :ilikeit: As jy oop is oor n naweek is jy welkom om by ons n draai te gooi.Jy is meer as welkom mate <_< .As jy enige hulp soek met enige iets asb. druk op my knop en sal jou met graagte help.Lekker insettle en sterkte met als.O ja ken n baie nice SA agent as jy haar telnr. soek kan ek dit vir jou pm.Ons werk hoekal nou ook weer met haar.Sy is regtig baie behulpsaam en help waar sy kan.

Groete Albert.

Hi Albert, kan jy asb ook vir my die agent se besonderhede PM. Ons arriveer 30 Oktober.

Groetnis en seën vir julle.

Alias