A question on the Medicals

DesertDaisy

What exactly is involved in the medical part of the applications? I know when we came to the ME all I had to do was a blood test, though my dh (who was the primary visa applicant) had to do a few more things, mostly related to fitness for the job. What exactly is involved with this medical? Blood tests, x-rays, physical exam, medical history questionnaire (and what sort of questions to they ask)?

I am pretty healthy, though a few years ago I had an extremely close brush with cancer and some other issues. All are now solved, but it does worry me that these past problems will be an issue. I am also currently undergoing treatment for hormonally-induced migraines, and I am worried this will negatively affect the outcome.

I'm starting to panic, as I know the rest of the family is healthy, and I know that if just one family member fails the medical, its no go for the visa for everyone. I don't want to let my family down.

Edited by DesertDaisy

I was worried sick (pardon the pun - not intended but funny, hie-hie!!) before our medicals, barely closed an eye the night before and it was all for nothing. Just relax about it. People do get sick and they don't expect you to have been in perfect health your whole life. Their concerns are TB, Aids (in cases where they test it) and chronic illness - not that your visa will necessarily not be approved if you do have any of these.