Wharoonga Bush School

Lia

Hi there

My children arn't at The bush school we are on a temp visa and its cheaper to send them to a Independant School but alot of my friends children are at the school and absolutely love it. The school has a very good name, never heard a bad word actually and houses advertised in the area always say bush school catchment area. If you are interested in the school I would suggest you put your childrens names down now and say you are wanting to rent in the area when you move.

Sorry I haven't been able to help more but its an amazing school and in a great area.

Shout if you need any more help and let us know when you are arriving.

Hi, does anyone have any children attending the Wharoonga Primary School. Would like to know what you think of the school.

Regards

Lia

The Bush School has a very good reputation and a lot of South African kids go there and do well academically. It is a State school, and most SA kids attend a State school until they head off to high school in year 7. Usually you have to live in the area to attend the local state school and you will register just before school starts. I am not sure why Lia says an Independant school is cheaper, perhaps she could articulate which school she is referring to? The new school year begins in the last week of January, my sons go to Barker College and they start on about 31st January. Private schools are very expensive so some peopel send thei kids to a Catholic school like St Leo's which is in the Wahroonga area. Hundreds of South Africans live in Wahroonga, Pymble, St Ives, Turramurra, so you will probably find someone you know in the area. Good luck.

Pam.

Hi there

In NSW if you are on a temp visa such as a 457 you are required to pay $4500 up front for public schools. Our eldest son goes to a Catholic School and my little one will start Kindy (grade 0) next year at the same school.

Another point Queensland and NSW have different terms for Grade 0 in NSW it is Kindy and then you have Years 1 - 6 and then you move onto High School. I believe in Queensland they call Grade 0 - Reception here (perhaps someone in Queensland can confirm this).

From ages 3 - 5 you can attend preschool and this is expensive. Ages 3 - 4 usually go two days a week and then the 4 - 5's go 3 days a week. This costs around $45 a day.

There are other options such as long day care, occassional care etc also.

Hope this helps.

S

Hi,

My kinders is in die "Bush School" (Jaar 6 en 4) en ons is baie gelukkig met die skool - ons het in Februarie hierdie jaar geland. Hulle het wonderlike moeite gedoen om die kinders te laat welkom voel.

Die skool is trots op sy "multi-cultural" omgewing. Hulle het ook 'n baie goeie Engels as tweede taal program, en daar is 'n onderwyseres selfs wat Afrikaans verstaan. Daar is heelwat Suid-Afrikaners se kinders in die skool.

Die kultuur van die skool is baie positief en opbouend - ek kan nie glo hoe my twee se selfvertroue verbeter het hier die. Dis dalk nie alles as gevolg van die skool nie, maar hy speel definitief 'n rol.

Soos van die ander genoem het hier is heelwat goeie skole op die North Shore. Dit hang af waar jy bly, as jy in Wahroonga en omgewing bly is dit great, maar anders in die vervoer skool toe en terug 'n groter storie.

PM my gerus met meer vrae.

Mari