Souserige sjokelade poeding

Blossom

Hier is die resep wat ek oor gepraat het, hoop julle geniet dit.

Souserige sjokelade poeding.

250ml bruismeel (self rising flour)

325ml bruin suiker

75ml kakao

1ml sout

knippie fyn naeltjies ( cloves)

30ml botter (Not Ozzie margarine)

125ml melk

5ml vanilla

300ml kookwater

oond tot 180 grade c.

smeer oondvaste bak.

meng bruismeel, 200ml van die bruinsuiker,25ml van die kakao en sout en naelltjies saam

smelt botter en roer saam met melk en vanilla by die meel mengsel.

giet die deeg in die oondbak.

meng die oorblywende bruinsuiker en kakao en strooi oor die beslag.

Giet die kookwater bo oor.

plaas die bak met die poeding in 'n groot pan met water in die oond (Bain Marie)

bak 30 tot 40 minute tot gaar.

Met roomys, room ,custard!!!!!

groete, Kannidood.

Hi Kanniedood

Klink baie goed, seker dogter sal daarvan hou. Sal dit volgende week maak , nou pak Ons eers vir die lang naweek op die plaas. Sien uit na 'n bietjie rus en stilte na die getrekkery.

Het gisteraand goeie vriende oorgehad vir ete, niks fancy nie, LD het 3 strawberries ingerig op 'n stokie, gedoop in chocolate en dan in flakie.( Baie lekker strawberries.)

Sy maak ook so 'n vinnige lekker happie met pastry, sny gekoopte pastry sheet in 4 blokke, put pastry on a baking tray, sny piesang of ander vrugte, hang af wat ons het op die oomblik, sit 'n bietjie vrugte in die middle en strooi met castor sugar. Bake in matige oond tot pastry reg/pof en lig bruin is. Bedien met 'n skeppie roomys.

Lekker naweek aan almal :ilikeit: Rina

Thanks for the recipe Kannidood!

Excuse my ignorance ..... how come the dish with the pudding needs to be put in another dish of water when putting it in the oven? What is Bain Marie?

I don't like cloves. I'm sure it won't make a difference if I leave it out. What do you think?

SAS

Edited by SASydneysider

Thanks for the recipe Kannidood!

Excuse my ignorance ..... how come the dish with the pudding needs to be put in another dish of water when putting it in the oven? What is Bain Marie?

I don't like cloves. I'm sure it won't make a difference if I leave it out. What do you think?

SAS

Hi SAS,

A Bain Marie is only a water bath, it stops the dish from burning underneath and keeps everything nice and moist. You don't have to use cloves, you can add a teaspoon full of strong coffee to enhance the chocolate flavor. Or not.

Hope you make the pudding and let me know what you think.

Be happy,

Kannidood.

Ek sit en 'drool' nou behoorlik oor my keyboard.

Dankie Kd, dis presies wat ek nou nodig het! Besig met laaste dinge om my thesis begin Nov in te handing en die weer is koud en mislik in die Kaap.

Baie dankie, dink ek gaan die resep oor die naweek maak, wie weet, meskien impress ek die skoon ma! :blink:

Lekker naweek!

Michele

Hi Jen, noticed you all the way from Ireland, welcome and we look forwards hearing more about your life and adventures in Ireland. Amazing where you find South Africans. :)

Hi Jen, noticed you all the way from Ireland, welcome and we look forwards hearing more about your life and adventures in Ireland. Amazing where you find South Africans. :)

Hi Chester, you would be amazed at the amount of South Africans in Ireland!! Yes we do get around! This forum is great , and unfortunately we dont have anything like it in Ireland, so I come on to saaustralia to get my "fix"!!

Ireland is lovely, can't compete with your weather in Australia, but in terms of everything else, it is up with the best.

We have been here now close to 3 years, and no regrets at all, just the usual of missing and worrying about family left behind in SA.

wil chat again soon no doubt!

Jen

Hallo Jen,

Nice to hear from you! I just love the Irish people, their accent and especially their Irish folk songs. I think they have beautiful music.

I just use a normal rectangular glass dish about 12 inches by 6 inches and 3 to 4 inches deep. If you going on in years like me, you sometimes think in inches still. Bigger than a normal pie dish.

Greetings,

Kannidood.

thanks Kannidood. My lasagne dish will be perfect to use.

Funnily enough, my husband and I have commented that a lot of the Traditional irish music is very similar to Boere musiek. We popped into a local pub one evening and they were having a social for the older folk and I swear you could have been at Bapsfontein!! I am sure that name will ring some bells with some people who grew up around Springs, Benoni etc.

I myself prefer the more modern Irish Music and singers - U2, Westlife,The Corrs, Ronan Keating to name just a few Irish artists !!

Time to dash and get ready for the day - school, work etc, chat again soon.

regards,

Jen