Functional Capacity Test

DesertDaisy

My dh is now in the 3rd phase of his job application - something called a Functional Capacity Test. As his job involves physical effort, he apparently has to do the test to ensure he is fit enough to do the job. Stuff like running up and down stairs carrying weights, and heart & lung function tests etc. He recently past one of these for his job here, and did another a while back, so we're pretty sure he will be fine.

As anyone else had to do this?

If he passes that, then we are hoping that we finally get an offer on paper, and can start with the dreaded application. We are already working at getting all the paperwork together (unabridged copies of everything, police clearances etc etc). I've been through the 457 booklet and have made a list of everything we need. I've even got the photographs ready! Any hints and tips on what will speed up the process will be helpful. ALl of this without actually having the job.... (optimistic aren't I).

Can anyone tell me if we will have to do the English proficiency test even though we are native English speakers (and I have a degree with English as a major from an Afrikaans university)?

What we have decided to do though, is if he doesn't get the job we will apply for a PR visa anyway, carrying on looking for work for one of us in the interim.

Hi DD

I can't comment regarding the functional capacity test, but with reference to the English proficiency, see my post http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=701&hl= as I quoted an extract from the Aus immi website regarding the change in requirements for English language. Most immigration consultants are advising South African clients to take the test asap rather than waiting for the case officer to request it.

Cheers, C'lou