New to Brisbane

Lavinia

Hi,

I've been in Australia just two and a half months on a 457 visa. The project I was on has been terminated and I need to find a new sponsor and work asap. I find the employment agencies don't work so I thought the best thing to do is speak to people who understand what I'm going through.

L.

Hi Lavinia

Ek is so jammer om te hoor van jou omstandighedes.Hoop regtig jy kry sommer gou iets anders.Moenie tou op gooi nie daar sal iets anders opduik :( Hou moed.

Sterkte Ursula.

Edited by Allie&Urs

YOU SEE! I'm so stressed I'm not thinking straight - I'm an SAP training developer but I can do technical writing and business analysis work - under my current 457 if I can get work quickly enough to salvage it. Otherwise I'm going to need another sponsor.

If you look on seek there is a lot of work for SAP consultants and developers, that's functional consultants and developers, not training developers. Whenever I tell people what I do they always say: "But there is lots of work for you on Seek." Not.

I'd also love to stay in Brisbane but I will move if it means I can stay.

Hi

Go to Employment and offering on the home page of the forum. During August some SAP jobs were offered, it's worth a try!

Good luck, hope someone more that can offer you more help will see your post.

Nilo

Hi Lavinia

Welkom op die forum. :)

Jammer om te hoor van jou werk, ek hoop jy kry vinnig iets anders. Miskien moet jy sê wat jou beroep is, dalk weet iemand op die forum van iets.

Groete Wilna

Baie dankie vir die suggestie. Jy's heeltemal reg - ek slaap nie lekker nie - ek is terdeë uitgeput - ek kan nie behoorlik dink nie.

Groete,

Lavinia

Hi Lavinia

Ek is so jammer om te hoor van jou omstandighedes.Hoop regtig jy kry sommer gou iets anders.Moenie tou op gooi nie daar sal iets anders opduik :whome: Hou moed.

Sterkte Ursula.

Hi,

Ek hoop so. Dankie vir jou ondersteuning.

L.

Hi

Go to Employment and offering on the home page of the forum. During August some SAP jobs were offered, it's worth a try!

Good luck, hope someone more that can offer you more help will see your post.

Nilo

Thanks, I'll go look.

HI Lavinia

What do you do?

Nilo

Are you from Benoni?

Hi Lavinia

Haven't got any magic ideas but sending a whole lot of good luck your way, hope something comes along

Clare x

Hi Clare,

Thank you. I will throw a party the day I get work. I haven't been this stressed in my life.

L.

Hi Lavinia,

so sorry to hear about the job. I really hope something comes your way soon!

Sending you lots and lots of luck. Hang in there!

Michele

Hi Livinia,

I am aware that CSR sugar was in the process of implementing SAP throughout Queensland. I'm not sure if the implementation is completed, but I doubt it, as they were implementing several modules. I am also aware that Accenture is the consultant they are using. My suggestion would be for you to contact CSR directly and try to speak to the SAP program or project manager - can't now remember his name. If you have no luck there, contact Accenture and speak to the person who is responsible for the CSR account.

Another suggestion is to contact all the consulting companies in Brisbane. Most of them work on SAP implementations or have clients that are going SAP.

I wish you all the best and hope you come right. Let us know how you go.

SAS

Edited by SASydneysider

Hi Lavinia,

so sorry to hear about the job. I really hope something comes your way soon!

Sending you lots and lots of luck. Hang in there!

Michele

Thanks for that. I'll take any luck that anyone has to send. :whome:

L

Hi Livinia,

I am aware that CSR sugar was in the process of implementing SAP throughout Queensland. I'm not sure if the implementation is completed, but I doubt it, as they were implementing several modules. I am also aware that Accenture is the consultant they are using. My suggestion would be for you to contact CSR directly and try to speak to the SAP program or project manager - can't now remember his name. If you have no luck there, contact Accenture and speak to the person who is responsible for the CSR account.

Another suggestion is to contact all the consulting companies in Brisbane. Most of them work on SAP implementations or have clients that are going SAP.

I wish you all the best and hope you come right. Let us know how you go.

SAS

Hi,

I'll look into CSR first thing tomorrow morning and I believe my CV is at Accenture.

My CV is at most of the Brisbane agencies. I haven't been able to go in and see a the account managers but today was my last day at work so tomorrow I'm going to see my first three. It's much better if they know who I am otherwise I'm just another CV on their database.

It's all in the timing - 28 days.

Thank you for the input.

L.

My CV is at most of the Brisbane agencies. I haven't been able to go in and see a the account managers but today was my last day at work so tomorrow I'm going to see my first three. It's much better if they know who I am otherwise I'm just another CV on their database.

It's all in the timing - 28 days.

Try and keep the stress levels down, easier said than done, but just try. There is always an option to get a bridging visa if your 457 expires. Contact DIAC and get the info regarding the bridging visa.

Contact all the management and IT consultancies, not only recruitment companies. Even if that means a phone call to the consulting company's head office in Sydney.

SAS