South African in London

jimmip

:ilikeit: Hi all, Im originally from the Cape and have been living in London for the last 3 yrs. Ive just about had enough of this place and the weather and lifestyle in Oz seem to be more attractive to what Im experiencing over here.I have a few questions:

-do the people accept S.A's

-what is the cost of living like if im earning around $60000/yr

-Im thinking brisbane-is it like Cape Town ie laidback etc

-what kind of tax would I pay on the salary above

-im not considering a lsd trip, my attitude is that Oz is better than the UK so im off !What do u think

please let me know your thoughts.

James

Hi there,

We were in the UK for 4 and a half years before coming over here.

- I find the people accept me more in Aus than they did in England

- Cost of living is depends from person to person. Somethings are cheaper here other and things more expensive. Also depends if you have to spend a lot of money on rent/mortgage

- We never did a LSD trip. Had a general idea what Aus must be like and just came!

Edited by Yvonne

Hi there,

We were in the UK for 4 and a half years before coming over here.

- I find the people accept me more in Aus than they did in England

- Cost of living is depends from person to person. Somethings are cheaper here other and things more expensive. Also depends if you have to spend a lot of money on rent/mortgage

- We never did a LSD trip. Had a general idea what Aus must be like and just came!

thanks Yvonne, this gives me more confidence about the lsd.You are right about the cost of living-is a salary of $60000 good for a single person ?

Hi James

Come to Brisbane!! We escaped London a year ago and haven't looked back!

I can't help regarding salary expectations, but I would definitely describe Brisbane as laid-back. We've only received positive reaction to our being south africans.

Good luck!

Clare

Hi Jimmip.

Welkom hier by ons op die forum.Ek kan nie vir jou raad gee oor daai keuse nie maar good luck met als :ilikeit: Hoop als werk vir jou reg uit ou maat.

Sterkte Ursula.

Hi Jimmip.

Welkom hier by ons op die forum.Ek kan nie vir jou raad gee oor daai keuse nie maar good luck met als :ilikeit: Hoop als werk vir jou reg uit ou maat.

Sterkte Ursula.

Baie dankie Ursula

Hi James

Come to Brisbane!! We escaped London a year ago and haven't looked back!

I can't help regarding salary expectations, but I would definitely describe Brisbane as laid-back. We've only received positive reaction to our being south africans.

Good luck!

Clare

Hi Clare,

Ja, the more I refer to this site the more convinced im becoming. I have also considered Miami -I was there 4 weeks ago and there are over 100 000 South Africans there, its really nice there but its just that Oz seems to be more familiar and easier to immigrate to-I think.I have a S.A friend in Brisbane and he loves it so im swaying that way.I really do miss the outdoor lifestyle I was used to in C.T !!

Hey Jimmi,

My hubby and I are in the same boat as you;-) we are too in London, and hoping to be in Oz soon. We enjoyed our stay here, and have had the chance to travel extensively which has been awsome.... but not the lifestyle we want long term.

Good luck with your journey.

Lisabella x