Australian Time Zones

Riekie

My job not only requires me to work with many customers/employees in various Australian states, but also with US, Europe and the many countries in Asia Pacific, so I cant afford to get my timezones wrong.

I found a great tool which allows you to determine what is the best time for a meeting in multiple locations

WorldClock

Click on the URL called meeting planner, you put in the countries you are interested in and the date of meeting and bingo - you have the date for each of the countries and also highlights through colour coding the most suitable period of time. The basic version allows 4 countries, but advanced allows 6

Rgds

matman

Thanks Matman, great link!!

SAS

Hi All,

Thanks for you assistance and Matman, thanks so much for the excellent link :blink: . According to the link, our meeting is scheduled for 15:00 and not for 16:00, as I initially thought :D .

Many thanks :D !

Lovies, Pippa! X

At 00h00 (midnight) in South Africa:

Sydney = 08h00

Melbourne = 07h30

Perth = 06h00

Reid, are you sure about Melbourne? As far as I know they are also on GMT +10 (like Sydney) with no daylight savings time currently. Thus 8 hours ahead of ZA.

Adelaide is on GMT +9:30. Thus 7:30 ahead of ZA.

Edited by JJV

Hi All,

Thanks for you assistance and Matman, thanks so much for the excellent link :ilikeit: . According to the link, our meeting is scheduled for 15:00 and not for 16:00, as I initially thought :whome: .

Many thanks ;) !

Lovies, Pippa! X

A pleasure - this is the only way I ensure I dont miss a meeting - Try orgainsing a meeting with the US, Europe, China, Australia - now that is a nightmare :wacko:

THere is one gotcha to this site and that is WA, which recently introduced daylight saving - does not show Perth as having daylight saving. So Perth is now 2hrs behind Syd & Mel

Here is more info on WA daylight saving

rgds

matman

Pippa,

Reid made a mistake in stating that Melbourne time was 7:30 hours ahead of South Africa, with Sydney being 8:00 hours ahead.

Melbourne (and the state of Victoria) and Sydney (New Sth Wales) are both on Eastern Standard Time (E.A.S.T.)

Adelaide is the one which is actually 7:30 hours ahead of South Africa, which is probably what he meant to put in.

It is important though, in your case, that if you've appointments in Melbourne to know the correct time is 8:00 hours ahead, the same as Sydney and Brisbane now, for that matter.

Here is a nice website where you can quickly see what time it is where, without using your fingers, calculators etc. :ilikeit:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/