Adelaide

Springbok

Hi Adelaideans,

The Springbok will be trotting over to your town this coming long weekend... any suggestions for "MUST-SEE" things and places will be appreciated. Barossa and McLaren Vale is already on the list. Just trying to get a diverse range of opinions...

Thanks

Charl

Hi Charl,

Make sure you have time to walk in the city. If you're into photographing old buildings and churches, Adelaide has many of them. Don't miss the Cathedral, similar to St Mary's in Sydney. I can't now remember if it was called St Andrews Cathedral. Someone once told me Adelaide is called the City of Churches!

Don't forget to visit Hahndorf!

Enjoy your visit!

SAS

Edited by SASydneysider

Give the aboriginal natural arts museum in north terrace a go!!

Make sure to go to Gelnelg!! The Beaches are amazing.

If you can make it to Brighton, give it a bash.

Try Mount Barker!!! Just driving around!!

Oh and Handorf is an amazing place to visit!!!

if you can, take a drive through Stirling! (Just to have a look)

Oh and for a bit of night action, take a tour of Hindley street at night!

You must go through Rundle mall!!! (Go passed the mall's balls)

Try the David Jones arcade!

The list goes on and on

If you are into native animals, visit Cleland conservation park, you can hand feed all sorts of native animals and see them up close but not in a zoo environment, more open. If time permits you may want to visit Kangeroo island and Victor Harbour if you go "down South" of Adelaide. Yes sunset at Glenelg is almost a must, fish and chips wrapped in paper on the grass banks is optional :blink: Enjoy Adelaide and welcome !

• 2 weeks later...

How was your visit to Adelaide Springbok?

Guest Bronwyn

Ja well no fine!

Charl give us some feedback mate!

Let's just say someone watched a lot of rugby and will probably have to come back to Adelaide to see some more of it

Hehe!

:ph34r::unsure::P

Ja well no fine!

Charl give us some feedback mate!

Let's just say someone watched a lot of rugby and will probably have to come back to Adelaide to see some more of it

Oh Adelaide was great, much smaller than Sydney of course, but looks like a nice family-oriented place. I stayed with friends in Glenelg, right on the beach. Visited Penfolds Grange for wine-tasting as well as a few cellar doors in McLaren Vale. Didn't have time for Barossa, but maybe next time. The Adelaide Hills are stunning, reminded me a bit of Wales / Ireland... had lunch at a German restaurant in Hahndorf, went to Mount Lofty, walked along the Torrens river in the city, took the tram back to Glenelg. Very nice new airport too. So overall I was really impressed.

I'll be back in Adelaide next weekend already, let's just say it's not for the sake of seeing Adelaide... :ilikeit:

I'll be back in Adelaide next weekend already, let's just say it's not for the sake of seeing Adelaide... ;)
Well, well, you'll have to tell us about all of this when you come back!!!

Enjoy the moments!

SAS