Bank account name

lost down under

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if my folks will be allowed to transfer their travel allowance from their bank in SA to my account here in Oz? They will be here for a visit at the end of the year. Hubby and I only arrived in May so our personal travel allowance was maxed.

Jacqui

I cant answer that but another option is for your parents to get a bank draft drawn up in their name and when they arrive all they do is open their own accountat your branch and once the cheque / funds are cleared they can transfer it into your account from theirs, very clean and easy and by having the origional draft in their name stops any questions being sked by SA authorities as to why they want to deposit their money into your account etc etc.

Happy Banking

Des

They will not be allowed to take their travel allowance as a TT into your account.

C'Lou

They will not be allowed to take their travel allowance as a TT into your account.

C'Lou

Which leaves you the Bank draft option, to get a bank draft they need to go to a foreign exchange, (Usuallly at most major branches, best is to go to their own branch or if no foreign exchange go to the same banking company as its easier then to do a direct transfer of their funds to the Forex. show their passports and valid return tickets the foreign exchange will issue them with a cheque in their names the process can take 10 days so make ure they apply timeously.

It costs more to get travelers cheques or to change the money into AUD Currency and its a lot more hassle.

Des