Hello

Shelagh

Hiya!

My name is Shelagh, my husband is Andrew and we have two sons, Donnovan (17) and Kyle (14). We live in Durban and lodged our PR136 in February 2007. I only just found out about this forum and have been tracking it for a couple of days. The infomation that is handed around is invaluable, especially when, like us, you have not used an agent. There is no-one to ask questions of. We are hopefully heading for North Sydney. Andrew is a Fitter and Turner and I am a Preschool (and crafts) teacher. We are hoping to get some answers by the end of November from Oz. We visited Perth and Newman in February 2007. What a lovely country! Any suggestions or tips? Thanks

HI Shelagh and Andrew

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questionsa whatsoever ask you normlly should get a usefull reply bearing in mind that often replies are personal opinions but they are always given in the best interests.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Best of luck

Des

Hiya!

My name is Shelagh, my husband is Andrew and we have two sons, Donnovan (17) and Kyle (14). We live in Durban and lodged our PR136 in February 2007. I only just found out about this forum and have been tracking it for a couple of days. The infomation that is handed around is invaluable, especially when, like us, you have not used an agent. There is no-one to ask questions of. We are hopefully heading for North Sydney. Andrew is a Fitter and Turner and I am a Preschool (and crafts) teacher. We are hoping to get some answers by the end of November from Oz. We visited Perth and Newman in February 2007. What a lovely country! Any suggestions or tips? Thanks

Welcome to the forum, try and join us at the next coffee club. I dont think a date or venue has been set yet but just keep a look out on the forum for the next date and venue.

Cheers

Camper

Hi Sheilagh

Like every one has said, Welcome to the forum.

Durban coffie club mmmmmm!?!?! They sound like great fun!!!

Immigration can be a very lonely ride and that is why the form is GREAT!!!

Good luck, we'll be here for you.

Nilo

Hi there

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find all the info you need and if you don't just ask, we have been through the same ups and downs and questions so please ask away. If you have any questions re Sydney please give me a shout. Have you found schools for your boys yet?

Good Luck

Hi

Welcome to the forum.Feel 3 to ask some questions .Hope ye come right with your decision in the future :ilikeit:

Cheers Ursula.

Thank you for the welcomes! Yes, we do have some questions! We do not know yet where we shall be settling. We have some good friends in Sydney West, who will help us settle in when we get there - I hope! No schools selected yet as we don't know where we will be. We have just reapplied for police clearances as our last ones were issued in February 2007, and I thought they were valid for a year. Reapplied quickly before we are assigned a CO. Andrew has two BIG worries. His gas portapack (acetalene and oxygen) - is it worth him bringing it? Can they be refilled there? Also - he is into radio controlled boats - is there much interest in this direction there?

Is anyone from this forum in Pre-school teaching? Is it a mission to get certified once there? I have tried to start the process from here, but it is almost like reapplying at TRA for Andrew's trade recognition. I thought it may be easier once we land as permanent residents. (Being positive!!!)

Thanks guys

Hiya Shelagh,

Good luck with your application :)

Can I ask why you decided on Perth? My hubby and I are still looking at places to settle so always bit curious on why people choose which areas (apart from the obvious one of securing a job there :unsure::angry: )

lisabella

'lisabella' Ons bly nou 11maande in Perth en is nie n dag spyt dat ons hier bly nie.Was nie voorheen hier op n LSD trip nie en al was ons sou ek nog steeds Perth gekies het.Dis n great :blush: plek om te bly.Ons bly so 5min van die see af en laat my terug dink aan waar ons in Gordons bay gebly het ook so by die see.Mis net die berge maar anders sins niks.

Groete Ursula.

Edited by Allie&Urs