BRIDGING COURES AT SCHOOL

Lynettej

Hi all,

Is there someone out there that can explain how the Bridging course works.

My daughter is in an Afrikaans school in SA and now she will have to change to English.

I know she has to do the bridging course, but we don't know how they do it in the school. ( we are going to Sydney)

My friend is going to Brisbane, her kids are in an English school in SA, will they also have to do the bridging course.

Thanks for the info, I know someone can shed some light on this one. :whome:

Thanks

Lynettej

I have never heard of kids doing bridging courses for school in Australia. They get here, they are enroled in a school, and they start school. Does not matter whether or not they attended an Afrikaans school in SA.

In South Australia there is an "English as a Second Language" programme that is aimed at kids from non-English speaking backgrounds and to help them to slot into the South Australian Education system.

Dax

Beide my kinders was ook in ;n 100% afrikaanse skool in suid afrika- ons het laas jaar oorgekom - en nie een het ;n bridging kurses gedoen nie- nog nooit daarvan gehoor nie