networking.....help with passing on cv

jose m

Hi there

I have enclosed a copy of my cv, if anyone knows someone in the meat, processed meat or ingredients industry or any good recruitment company please forward my cv to them. I have started my visa application but this obviously takes a long time so i keep looking on the net on all the employment and company sites for good jobs with companies who are willing to sponsor 457 visa. I know its a long shot but hey, i am going to keep trying anyway afterall thats how we South Africans are like.

Many thanks..

Jose m

cv.doc

Hi there

I have enclosed a copy of my cv, if anyone knows someone in the meat, processed meat or ingredients industry or any good recruitment company please forward my cv to them. I have started my visa application but this obviously takes a long time so i keep looking on the net on all the employment and company sites for good jobs with companies who are willing to sponsor 457 visa. I know its a long shot but hey, i am going to keep trying anyway afterall thats how we South Africans are like.

Many thanks..

Jose m

Hello Jose,

I have saved a copy of your CV, I am working with an agent who is looking for butchers, so I will send your CV onto her.

I am sure you will find a post quick as butchers are in demand especially in the regional areas.

Good Luck

Natasha

Hi Jose,

Can I make a suggestion - maybe just edit the document to remove your personal information such as address, phone numbers, etc, and leave an email address so that potentials can contact you.

It's a sick world out there, and the internet is very public.

Best of luck with your job search!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time on any forum. I was very lucky to stumble across this one, which I find very interesting, informative and with very friendly postings. I do not know if I should have posted a new topic or replied on this one, which I did now. :ilikeit:

Via the internet we have done our homework well. We also made a trip to Aus and NZ last year to make sure of our decision to try to move to Aus. We have a few friends scattered over various states of Aus and received a lot of info from them, until the point where we realised we are tiring them. This is where I realised the benefit of these forums. Thanks for all the info; everybody seems to have the same questions than us.

We started our process at the beginning of May, hubby received his AIM accreditation soon after, done this IELTS thing (scored 8,5 overall) and last month we received sponsorship from South Australia government. Our visa has therefore been lodged with Aus government and we were told to do our medicals.

In the meantime, hubby is leaving for Adelaide on Monday 24 Sep and will also visit Melbourne. This is mainly to go job searching. Because of the SA sponsorship we are of course bound to this region, which we actually prefer, but if Melbourne has any job on offer, we need to put in a different visa application for that.

He has sent several applications via most of the smart job offering links, but they want us THERE, then they will entertain the application. So it is a move of faith when our final visa is approved, to pack up everything and move to Aus without a job offer. We have scares financial resources for that, but it seems this is how most people do it.

Anyhow, for what it’s worth, just maybe, maybe, someone can be of assistance:

1. Hubby is 42, fluent in English and German and is currently a Supply Chain and Logistics Development Manager at Woolworths South Africa.

2. We are wondering how long it used to take after lodging until approval. We lodged a 475 (new code, previously 495 Regional Sponsored)

Any ideas or advice on our future prospects is welcome.

Regards

Stars (in the hope that, with this new venture of my family, we will not see our . . . stars!) :blink::blush:

Hi Jose,

Can I make a suggestion - maybe just edit the document to remove your personal information such as address, phone numbers, etc, and leave an email address so that potentials can contact you.

It's a sick world out there, and the internet is very public.

Best of luck with your job search!

Very good point, will do ....thanks