A funny thing happened to me

Blossom

Yesterday when I went for a walk down to the railway station a bird attacked me! It came whooshing down on me right into my hair and then flew away again. And when I came back the same thing happened again, this time right from the front. I got the fright of the century! I wondered why it happened, when it flew away it went and sat on the telephone wires and it was watching me with beady little eyes. Needless to say that I was a bit weary to go for a walk again.

Anyway what I really want to say is that you will be hearing a lot less from me from now on...I feel that nobody is really interested in what I have to say anymore. Time to move on, yes?

I wish you all the best in the world and I will visit from time to time.

The forum is the best and my regards to you Hendie.

Aan al die mense wat nog op pad is wil ek net se dat hulle moet moed hou, een van die dae is hulle hier en gevestigde Australiese burgers. Ek bid vir julle.

Groete,

Betsy (Kannidood). :D

a bird attacked me!

Black & White Bird???? A magpie maybe - they start this behaviour around spring. Can be very agro and sometimes they manage to damage an eye. A friend of mine is actually contracted to shoot the real agro magpies.

Anyway what I really want to say is that you will be hearing a lot less from me from now on...I feel that nobody is really interested in what I have to say anymore. Time to move on, yes?

Hi Kd,

Soms is die forum maar net bietjie stil, mense is sekr besig om die Aussie lente te geniet. So moenie dink niemand stel belang nie. Almal geniet jou post. Kyk maar net na die 'viewing getalle'.

Persoonlik kuier my ma vir die volgende 3 maande hier-- tot na die babatjie se geboorte-- so ek lees maar comment nie altyd nie.

Sw

Often when their young are learning to fly they land on the ground somewhere and if you venture to close to where their baby in they attack you to get you to move on in case you might want a bird snack.

we were driving down the road and a woman was walking her a small dog it looked like a little jack russel from the car in avent, a bird came down a couple of times attacking the dog !!!! We thought it was funny because the dog was bigger than the bird and what in the hell's name was the bird thinking ?

Yea those magpies are a pain. Our postman has feathers in his helmet to stop the magpies bombing him. He says that he knows its spring when he starts to get bombed.

Next time you go for a walk take an umbrella you will keep cool and will not have your brain picked.

S

Thks sunflower - printed the article for my daughter to read as she was in the car with me with this bird went for the dog and kept on going at it as well !

Oh Sunflower,

Thanks for the article, if I see someone with an icecream container on their head I know who to blame. :ilikeit:

S

Yesterday when I went for a walk down to the railway station a bird attacked me! It came whooshing down on me right into my hair and then flew away again. And when I came back the same thing happened again, this time right from the front. I got the fright of the century! I wondered why it happened, when it flew away it went and sat on the telephone wires and it was watching me with beady little eyes. Needless to say that I was a bit weary to go for a walk again.

I wish you all the best in the world and I will visit from time to time.

The forum is the best and my regards to you Hendie.

Aan al die mense wat nog op pad is wil ek net se dat hulle moet moed hou, een van die dae is hulle hier en gevestigde Australiese burgers. Ek bid vir julle.

Groete,

Betsy (Kannidood). :ilikeit:

Oi don't you dare stop posting - I love reading all about your doings and the family doings. You share so much of yourself when you write. The info you post on doing stuff in Adelaide is also so useful, I am also planning to head to Adelaide so am learning a lot about what to do and how to do in Adelaide. Perhaps others are like me and dont respond because we dont have anything to say and feel stupid saying nothing. BUT WE ARE READING!!!!

Betsy (Kannidood). :ilikeit:

Betsy

baie mense lees sonder om te skryf, en baie mense geniet wat jy se en leer van jou experiences hou aseblief ann skryf.

Beste

Des

Hey Kanniedood,

Is jy nou wragtig in die bol gepik!! Het daai voeltjie jou te hard gekap!!

Agge nee man, jy weet mos ons laaik jou, of soek jy nou!

Lovies

Nilo

NS Julle weet mos wat is soek in Aussie.

;) Joe, nou't ek darem lekker gelag... Ja, ek sien nou uit om soontoe te kom... Hier is dit Mynahs en daar is dit Magpies? So het elke plek sy weird and wonderful, of hoe?

Elize

Hi KD

Please don't leave the forum! Ha, I actually saw a programme here in South Africa about the bird bombing problem australia has and it made me think...oh my gosh another weird thing (like the flies) to contend with. It makes one understand how a lot of Europeans and Americans can have this bizarre perception of SA that we have lions and elephants roaming past our houses. I'm nervous about the spiders and snakes in Aus.

Stem saam met Nilo!

Kd jy kan nie nou wil geepad nie!

Die Starlings hier in Nuweland, SA is dieselfde, behalwe hulle probeer enige kos steel wat jy dalk by jou het. Hulle maak my bang!

Kd, hoop jy bly op die forum, geniet regtig jou stories!

Michele

Hi Kd,

I value your postings and love the way you explain things. Please don't leave! I'm sending you a PM.

SAS

• 1 month later...
Anybody with a nice magpie recipe ? :blush-anim-cl::blush:

rdin565l.jpg

Ha ha ha :unsure::whome::whome:

PS... Kannidood

I am fairly new here but have enjoyed your posts. I think you are very valued here

Lisabella x

Edited by lisabella

Hi Lisabella,

Can't leave the forum, think I'm addicted. :ilikeit:

Love your name....

Welcome here...

Kannidood.