Subsidies for teachers children

MM Pta

I would like to know if there are any teachers out there whos children pay less school fees if they go to the same school as you?

If they do, will taht be private or state schools?

I know some schools in RSA are doing that. :D

Would appreciate a reply

MM Pta

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm teaching at a Catholic school in Alice, and I get a small rebate on my daughter's fees. Not much, but it does help. Having her with me helps in more ways because I know where she is, who she's with, and transport is far easier.

Tracy

In the State System this will not be a hard-and-fast rule and every state school will have a diffrent ruling here.

However, state school fees (which in reality is not enforcible) are much smaller in comparison to private school fees.

Parents in the state system mostly pay the fees partly out of civic responsibility and partly because they can see and track where their contributed dollars went.

Dax

Edited by Dax

Thank you for the responses.

I appreciate that. Any other private/independant school teachers want to comment?

MM Pta

Hi there

A friend of mine teachers at one of the top private girls schools in Sydney she gets a 10% discount on school fees however this still works out a heaps more expensive than the independant schools so her daughter will go to the independant school.

Hope this helps

s

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to know if there are any teachers out there whos children pay less school fees if they go to the same school as you?

If they do, will taht be private or state schools?

I know some schools in RSA are doing that. :blush:

Would appreciate a reply

MM Pta

All depends on the school. I teach at an independent school in Perth and didn't get a reduction infees. What state are you thinking of and do you have a job offer?

I'm not a teacher, but I do work at a private boys' school and I can get 50% off school fees.

I still prefer our local state school though... :holy: couldn't be more pleased with it!

Edited by Annette

Hi Anette

I will be taking up a teaching post in Townsville in the new year at a private school and have been told I will get a 40% reduction in fees for my daughter when she eventually starts there. I think Tracy is right when she says it is a blessing in terms of convenience but also you are actively involved in your childs education and can be alerted immediately to any problems they may be having etc.

Hope this helps

Dave

Hi Anette

I will be taking up a teaching post in Townsville in the new year at a private school and have been told I will get a 40% reduction in fees for my daughter when she eventually starts there. I think Tracy is right when she says it is a blessing in terms of convenience but also you are actively involved in your childs education and can be alerted immediately to any problems they may be having etc.

Hope this helps

Dave

Which school you going to?

Cool. Drove past it on Sunday. Nothing much. Walking on the beach front or "Strand" as they call it is wonderful. These people walk all hrs of the day here. I think you will love this place. Went up Castles Hill. The view from on top is breathtaking!! You will tell me again once you check it out for yourself!!