Over night in Perth?

lost down under

Hey everyone!

We arrived in May this year and I've had the call I've been waiting for. My mom and dad are coming to visit! :lol::wacko:

I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. They will be flying out in November, visting my brother in Mackay first and then coming to me in Melbourne for Christmas and New Year! Yee hah! I've missed them soooo much!

They are both retired and dad has undergone a couple of serious surgeries this year. As a result they are planning to break the long trip just a little. I have suggested that they fly into Perth and have a day or so break before continuing on to Mackay. Can anyone suggest a clean, good value B&B near the airport (Perth) where they could stay for a night or 2? They thought they would also take the opportunity to have a quick whirl around Perth. Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

2 months and counting!

Thanks so much

Jacqui

Hello Jacqui,

Have they thought about flying Singapore Airlines? We have relatives living in Brisbane and they have flown Singapore Airlines with a 2 day stop over in Singapore to break the journey.

I am busy looking at accommodation in Perth for February 2008 when my parents arrive. I was given the details for Regal Apartments. www.regalapartments.com.au 20 mins from airport. The prices are very reasonable and a free bus service outside the apartments takes you to the centre of Perth.

www.syrena.com.au is a b&b in the same location with views of Swan River. Also next to free bus service.

Hope this helps.

Hi juno1

Thanks for this help. Much appreciated! They are adamant to check out Perth so I'll send this info to them.

Thanks once agin

Jacqui

I have also been stressing about this. You dont want to make it difficult and they suffer just to see you. After your parents have been over, please post how they managed! My problem with both Air Malaysia and Singapore is that the flights leave like 2h00 in the morning if you come back to SA - to start that time after a day is tuf. Very difficult on old people. But I would like to hear how they take Perth - Jhb. I was even thinking of letting my folks to Jhb - Mauritius,sleep over - then Mauritius - Perth , sleep over and then Perth Adelaide. The old people have time on their hands. If anyone has done it that way, please I would like to have comments.

Hi Jacqui

My folks will be here in just over two months (I'm also counting down!!). My folks are flying to Perth via Mauritius just so they get a break to walk about and relax and then fly on to Perth. It makes the flying time quite a bit longer but they reckon at their age they can't be on a plane for 8 hours at a time.

Sorry I can't help with accommodation near the Perth airport.... will ask around

Cheers

Gaille

Hi Gaille,

thanks for the answer. i'll put it to them and see how they feel about Mauritius. They leave on the 22nd of November and were planning to eventually arrive on the 23rd. Min dae, vas byt for all of us!! Hope your folks enjoy their stay and hope you enjoy their company.

Jacqui