South Africans sought to fill skills gap

Springbok

South Africans are to be recruited to fill council jobs in Western Australia as statewide skills shortages sparked by the booming mining sector threaten to decimate local government services. The move comes on the heels of a new survey showing that difficulties attracting and retaining staff in the state are having a negative or very negative effect on a record 71 per cent of businesses. State Local Government Association president Bill Mitchell said the shortage was so serious that the prospect of councils having to reduce services was "a very real possibility and probability". Long delays for planning approvals and engineering work were likely if skilled staff could not be found. Mr Mitchell said councils taking part in the South African recruitment drive would pay success fees of about $4000 for every vacancy filled but considered it well worth the money. The association gave a shopping list of 80 jobs to recruiters, who will travel this week to South Africa hunting for town planners, engineers, accountants and environmental health officers.

More at http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...51-2702,00.html

Ek hoop hulle kry sommer al hul kandidate uit die Pretoria stadsraad....want die raad stel mos nie meer belang in wit besighede nie....en ek is seker daar is baie amptenare wat sal wil waai

Edited by Swerwer

Hi Springbok

Do you have more info on how / where / when they are going to conduct their interviews?

Or maybe you can point me in the right direction?

I would like to forward my details to them (accountant - 3 year diploma, with +- 10 years experience).

... Sjoe that sounds very old :ilikeit:

Thanks a mill :o

Melanie

Hi Springbok

Do you have more info on how / where / when they are going to conduct their interviews?

Or maybe you can point me in the right direction?

I would like to forward my details to them (accountant - 3 year diploma, with +- 10 years experience).

... Sjoe that sounds very old :ilikeit:

Thanks a mill :o

Melanie

Vir almal in Gauteng(15-16 Sep), Port Elizaberth(19-20 Sep)

en Durban(23-23 Sept, julle moet gaan na www.establishment.net.au om te registreer

en meer uit te vind.

Cheers

Jacques