Thanks to all

Bullet

:thumbdown::ilikeit::blink:

Like JohanK i have been here one month and regred not doing it sooner.I would like to thank all the beautiful people that helped and assist us during the last 12months,with advice encouragement and Info that was required

We arrived on the 15th of April and is staying in Rockingham,the kids in school,me at work :lol: ,bank acc opened,car purchased ext ext

We await now our Container from CROWN and i hope that you guys kept MURPHY busy this side

Thanks

Bullet

Just you wait a month after your stuff has arrived it will feel like you never lived anywhere else. Things will get better and better, you will be drinking out of your own coffee cup and the children will be well into their routines. I am praying for a sunny day the day your stuff arrives. The day our furniture arrived it poured with rain and only let up with the movers left. We lived in our house with the kids sleeping on a towel, 1 pot, 4 plates and a tv for a month. The day our stuff arrived my hubby went off to work with the house spotless and empty he got back from work to find both my boys and I squashed onto our couch which we had missed so much drinking out of our favourite cups, he could hardly see us amoungst all the stuff but it was the best moment ever.

Have lots of fun.

sometimes it's just the simple things in life that we remember with a big smile . . . . all squashed on your couch with a coffee out of your old coffee cup.

Good Luck Bullet!

Hope you and your family settle in soon. Keep us posted, I'm sure you'll be able to return the favour to all the newbies on this site!

Cindylou

We have decided not to have our furniture send to Oz. But I must admit hearing how nice it is to have some of your stuff around you, makes me wonder if we should not reconcider. We thought it best to only take clothes, but I am not that sure anymore. My 4 year old might just settle in quicker if we have familiar things around in the house.

Hey Bullet- wonderful you are settled.

Mickey-it is really funny- while you dont have any of your "stuff" its almost like a holiday.

When the "stuff" arrives reality sinks in-this is it-this is our new home-and you settle.

Maybe consider taking some of the sentimental irreplaceble things.....

Hi there Bullet!! I'm glad everything's gone well and you're settling in nicely! I'm sure Murphy already has more than enough to keep him occupied....

Mickey, we also considered at some stage to just sell everything and start again in Aus, but I'm glad we didn't. Some things can simply not be replaced and it is SO good having our familiar stuff around us. For your child I would definitely take familiar toys & bed linen even if you decide to leave the rest. Good luck with everything!

Hi Bullet

good hearing from you again. :)

How is your wife doing? She should be really for delivery any day now if I remember correctly.

Best of luck with new bubs to you and your wife and the boys. Let us know how things are going.

Lindy-Lee

8 weeks and counting!!!

:P

We have decided not to have our furniture send to Oz. But I must admit hearing how nice it is to have some of your stuff around you, makes me wonder if we should not reconcider.

This is actually a topic in its own right. It all depends on really a variety of things. We filled every inch of a 20" container. Both my wife and I tend to gather 'stuff'. Hehe, my wife would say its all me though. But those who have read my posts around this forum would have noticed that we settled very comfortably (by this I don’t mean financially - we're just average in that regard) in New Zealand. We absolutely love it so having our old SA/British ‘stuff’ around us made no real difference except that it was essentially cheaper to bring the fridge/TV/Washing machine/Furniture/PC’s etc along than having to buy it all again. And then there is the sentiment attached to some goods....

Guest Seoul Sister

Hey Bullet,

Nice to see you again and to hear that things are going well. Same as Lindy-Lee, I am also wondering about your wife. How are things going with mom and bubby ? Have you found a nice doctor and are you ready for it all ?

Thinking of you ! Please keep us posted on any/all progress with bubby and mum !

Love

Seoul Sister

:thumbdown:

Hey Bullet,

Welcome on this end! Hope it all goes well. Remember to take some photo's with the unpacking - good to remember the new beginnings with some phodies!

All our stuff arrived safely, except for about a two thirds of my cd collection, damn! This had so much sentimental value far exceeding its monetary value - I had cd's that I bought all over the world and some good and scarce Afr and African stuff that I'll never get back. The point is treasure those small things that are uniquely you and have some sentimental value. Mickey I would definitely bring something along!

C'BUG